AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password
The Gaslight Anthem News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Gaslight Anthem
Inside AP.net

Mike Crossey Produced Upcoming The Gaslight...

Posted by: Jason Tate (04/12/14)
I wasn't aware of who was producing the new album from The Gaslight Anthem (they finished up recording today), so maybe I'm not the only one ... but the new album was produced by Mike Crossey.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 19
02:02 AM on 04/12/14
kyleabent
Shaman
User Info.
Here I am still looping "Handwritten" & "American Slang".
03:06 AM on 04/12/14
tomtom94
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Never heard of him but I'm impressed by his pedigree. The bands he's worked with suggests he'll be a good fit, too.
03:54 AM on 04/12/14
renedex
User Info.
Have never been able to get into either American Slang or Handwritten to the same level I got into 59 Sound. Not that I thought those two albums were bad, just 59 sound was exceptional in my eyes.

I still haven't given up hope on liking one of their future records though.

Also Mike Crossley isn't listed as producer on the wiki pages of any Foals or Keane albums. I would be interested to hear what he did on them, if anybody out there knows?
05:27 AM on 04/12/14
German Markus
McGreevy
User Info.
Also Mike Crossley isn't listed as producer on the wiki pages of any Foals or Keane albums. I would be interested to hear what he did on them, if anybody out there knows?

Have a look at his Homepage:

http://www.mikecrossey.com/

He did the mix on Keane's Night Train and "Additional Production" and "Mix" for Foals' Antidotes.

Has done some good work on some good records the bloke.
05:47 AM on 04/12/14
AFSjulian
I am your big brother.
User Info.
I like Crossey's work and am obviously stoked for new Gaslight, but I'm a bit skeptical about the two working together. Maybe it's going to be a very English sounding Post Punk album?
06:16 AM on 04/12/14
Cursethishearse
@bradleyjp
User Info.
I figured this was known as it was posted a month or so ago in the thread about them starting recording.
08:30 AM on 04/12/14
jpmalone4
5 Meowmeowbeenz
User Info.
I like Crossey's work and am obviously stoked for new Gaslight, but I'm a bit skeptical about the two working together. Maybe it's going to be a very English sounding Post Punk album?[

Could be cool. I'd like to see Gaslight expand their sound a little more.
08:33 AM on 04/12/14
InfiniteArms
Foreign everywhere I've been
User Info.
I like Crossey's work and am obviously stoked for new Gaslight, but I'm a bit skeptical about the two working together. Maybe it's going to be a very English sounding Post Punk album?
Not even mad if this is how it turns out. The Gaslight Anthem always impress me in some capacity.
09:01 AM on 04/12/14
jpd19125
Screw Flanders
User Info.
did they record in london?
09:36 AM on 04/12/14
HogarthHughes
Paint the Streets in White
User Info.
I'd be down for this. It would make sense considering Brian's comments about wanting the record to be different than their previous material.
10:46 AM on 04/12/14
Vance Mook
Fastest Kid in School
User Info.
Interesting to see how this combination will work out- very great producer, incredible musicians, but the things he produces are often very polished. Curious and excited nonetheless
10:53 AM on 04/12/14
Keele
Registered Member
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
did they record in london?
Recoded in Nashville, likely at the same place as Handwritten.

From an interview I had heard earlier with Brian, the band was hoping to use Brendan O'Brien again, but weren't sure about his availability.

I have a feeling that the band knew what they wanted to do, and just needed someone to help get them there. I'm sure Brendan would have been able to adjust to help them do that as Ted Hutt had between The '59 Sound sound classic and American Slang which had hints of Brit punk. Hope Crossey finds a way to compliment The Gaslight ANthem's new material. I'm not familiar with any of his previous work, but listening to Gaslight's last two fan 7', I have some idea what they are going for long before a producer was brought in.

So excited for this record
04:04 PM on 04/12/14
dancelukedance
My body is a bomb
User Info.
I found Handwritten boring. Hope this release is way better!
07:20 PM on 04/12/14
SteveLikesMusic
I'm A Man, Dammit
User Info.
Interesting choice.
Options
Related News Stories
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives