Username
Password
Lawrence Arms News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Lawrence Arms
Inside AP.net

The Lessons of Six Years of Blogging

Posted by: Jason Tate (04/16/14)
Brenden Kelly, of The Lawrence Arms, reflects on the last six-years of blogging.
As for things Iíve learned that arenít about the craft of writing: Donít say shit thatís controversial or antagonistic unless youíre sure you mean it or you REALLY donít care. The internet is full of trolls and all they want to do is hurt people who make stuff (even stuff as inconsequential as a dumb blog or thought catalog listicle). Thatís just their general MO. If you insult something they like, watch the fuck out.

Displaying posts 1 - 6 of 6
12:16 PM on 04/16/14
HogarthHughes
Paint the Streets in White
User Info.
I could (and have) read Brendan's writing for hours. Great stuff, as usual.
02:43 PM on 04/16/14
WhatJulianSaid
News on Once the Clouds are Gone
User Info.
Love the part about songwriting, I once had a band tell me that (after sending a few examples) I didn't read enough books to warrant write properly-inspired lyrics or something so I couldn't be their vocalist. I was so dumbfounded that I didn't even bother writing back about how egregious of them that was. Still a funny story when I look back at it.
05:07 PM on 04/16/14
jco3
Oh, hello there, internet.
User Info.
Love the part about songwriting, I once had a band tell me that (after sending a few examples) I didn't read enough books to warrant write properly-inspired lyrics or something so I couldn't be their vocalist. I was so dumbfounded that I didn't even bother writing back about how egregious of them that was. Still a funny story when I look back at it.
That's actually pretty funny. Dud they give you book recommendations, or something?
05:16 PM on 04/16/14
WhatJulianSaid
News on Once the Clouds are Gone
User Info.
That's actually pretty funny. Dud they give you book recommendations, or something?

no lol they just shunned me as if I was some uneducated cretin for not being influenced by a "classy-enough" selection of books.. Its just too funny.
08:05 PM on 04/16/14
k1guitar
Keep calm and BLEGH!
User Info.
Quote:
The kids are just waiting for Yellowcard, so fuck it .

Lolol
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums