Username
Password

All Posts by User
Displaying user's 2 posts
07:47 AM on 04/18/14
j-dogg_69
At Full Speed
User Info.
Everything in that article is completely true, certainly in the UK (which is where the following refers to). There's a One Direction 7" this year. These are aimed at teenage girls who will literally buy ANYTHING with their faces on it, regardless if they have the equipment to use it/play it. This is a pressing that has taken up an order in the pressing plant that will never actually be used for its purpose. OK, yes, the record store benefits financially, but will those buyers become returning customers for the shops? I believe they wouldn't, based on the music that most indie shops stock compared with a teenage One Direction fans taste. Then there are the pointless re-issues. Many of which are available second hand from Ebay, Discogs, second hand sections in store. It just feels wasteful (both, in terms of a pressing and the material being used to create the pressing).

This is just my opinion, of course, and I'd welcome any discussion to it.
10:20 AM on 04/18/14
j-dogg_69
At Full Speed
User Info.
haven't some record stores started doing
another record store day for independent releases or am I making that up?

and to the guy complaining about the One Direction 7", yeah that sucks, but at least it's current and may get some kid who would have never discovered a record store before into the scene.
I really hope it does! Or it gives a parent/older sibling an excuse to go to a record shop to pick it up and get something for them self whilst there!

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos