AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Comments: Page 5
Displaying posts 60 - 72 of 72
03:43 PM on 04/18/14
Holly HoX!
User Info.
This isn't completely true. The owner of my local shop has said repeatedly that RSD pays 4 months of his mortgage every year
LOL. he's obviously an outlier. and that's pretty subjective. 4 months of mortgage is a huge gap depending where you're from.

What shop is it? I'd be surprised to know 1) their volume 2) how much time they spend actually researching trends for releases that will be big sellers etc

It just seems pretty surprising what I've heard and read
05:36 PM on 04/18/14
IRodeTenSpeed
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Damn, people take vinyl wayyyy too seriously.

You're an idiot
05:38 PM on 04/18/14
IRodeTenSpeed
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
LOL. he's obviously an outlier. and that's pretty subjective. 4 months of mortgage is a huge gap depending where you're from.

What shop is it? I'd be surprised to know 1) their volume 2) how much time they spend actually researching trends for releases that will be big sellers etc

It just seems pretty surprising what I've heard and read

Not sure of the volume but they are the only major record store in town. (the other one closed earlier this year) They've been around for years and are to go to shop for vinyl. The scene is admittedly small here but there is a huge turn out for RSD
10:06 PM on 04/18/14
Clark
Dirk Nowitzki's Beard
User Info.
Not sure of the volume but they are the only major record store in town. (the other one closed earlier this year) They've been around for years and are to go to shop for vinyl. The scene is admittedly small here but there is a huge turn out for RSD
Name of the store? Town it's in? You're not providing any information.
12:24 AM on 04/19/14
Scrawns
indie sounding lyrics here
User Info.
Nice man, jumping to conclusions that I am an idiot based off one post I made about one subject. I don't know if you are an idiot but you can definitely go fuck yourself, you mook.

Record Store Day is LITERALLY a copy / paste of Comic Book Day. The difference is that NO ONE is getting butthurt about CBD. They face a lot of the same issues as record stores except they have a much smaller demographic. This article and the people who are mad about it seem to be people that are pissed that it became successful. The majors are going to take up space to do so because they have the money for it. We call that capitalism. Look at the first RSD releases; Deathcab, Jason Mraz, Vampire Weekend, and R.E.M. The majors have ALWAYS been in control of this event. If the independents can't get their stuff turned out they will branch off into their own event which will most likely be successful because their customers, people looking for more obscure releases, will be on the lookout for it anyway.
05:43 AM on 04/19/14
IRodeTenSpeed
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Name of the store? Town it's in? You're not providing any information.

Monster Music in Charleston SC
08:50 AM on 04/19/14
Holly HoX!
User Info.
Nice man, jumping to conclusions that I am an idiot based off one post I made about one subject. I don't know if you are an idiot but you can definitely go fuck yourself, you mook.

Record Store Day is LITERALLY a copy / paste of Comic Book Day. The difference is that NO ONE is getting butthurt about CBD. They face a lot of the same issues as record stores except they have a much smaller demographic. This article and the people who are mad about it seem to be people that are pissed that it became successful. The majors are going to take up space to do so because they have the money for it. We call that capitalism. Look at the first RSD releases; Deathcab, Jason Mraz, Vampire Weekend, and R.E.M. The majors have ALWAYS been in control of this event. If the independents can't get their stuff turned out they will branch off into their own event which will most likely be successful because their customers, people looking for more obscure releases, will be on the lookout for it anyway.
stop
12:34 PM on 04/19/14
bobsheiskawy
www.facebook.com/misewell
User Info.

i have a much bigger problem with flippers than with major label represses.
03:08 PM on 04/19/14
Clark
Dirk Nowitzki's Beard
User Info.
Monster Music in Charleston SC
Thanks. I assume it's not just the only good place in town but the only place for 100+ miles in every direction?
07:24 PM on 04/19/14
Jason Tate
User Info.

i have a much bigger problem with flippers than with major label represses.
Weird. At least 5 of them sitting here at my local shop.
07:49 AM on 04/20/14
bobsheiskawy
www.facebook.com/misewell
User Info.
Weird. At least 5 of them sitting here at my local shop.
any way i could convince you to pick one up and send it my way? i'd (obviously) compensate you for it.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos