AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

The Wonder Years News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

Show Review: The Wonder Years, Fireworks, Citizen, Real Friends,...

Posted by - 01:38 PM on 04/18/14
Read my review and check out my photos of the sold out Worcester, MA stop of The Wonder Years's The Greatest Generation World Tour with Fireworks, Citizen, Real Friends, and Modern Baseball.
The Greatest Generation World Tour is yet another testament to why The Wonder Years are the gold standard for the genre. Between their honest songs, their tight stage presence, their rabid fanbase and even the bands they surround themselves with, The Wonder Years have set the bar impossibly high for any other band hoping to take the pop-punk throne.

Displaying posts 1 - 14 of 14
06:03 PM on 04/18/14
Anthony Sorendino
Don't you dare ever give up...
User Info.
Great pics!
09:15 PM on 04/18/14
Alex DiVincenzo
www.alexislegend.com
User Info.
11:32 PM on 04/18/14
panties_nz
halfyearsun
User Info.
awesome work as always. get any videos man?
07:18 AM on 04/19/14
Alex DiVincenzo
www.alexislegend.com
User Info.
awesome work as always. get any videos man?
Unfortunately that venue has a strict no video policy.
10:37 AM on 04/19/14
notetoself343
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
that show was incredible last night in jersey, sadly it had to be stopped twice due to unfortunate circumstances, but it was insane, hopefully the 2 people that got hurt are alright
06:34 PM on 04/19/14
eleventysix11t6
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Did you stay after the second girl got knocked unconscious? People from the venue came around saying there was no encore so I left after Came Out Swinging. I'd be pretty upset if I found out they ended up playing I Just Want to Sell Out My Funeral and missed it.
07:07 PM on 04/19/14
Passion Man
User Info.
I don't care if they are the gold standard, I will forever and always hate them. I gave them a chance, though.
07:45 AM on 04/21/14
Wutz
Don't Worry, I'm A Pilot
User Info.
I don't care if they are the gold standard, I will forever and always hate them. I gave them a chance, though.

That sounds like a reasonable statement.

Why will you forever and always hate them?
10:34 AM on 04/21/14
Passion Man
User Info.
That sounds like a reasonable statement.

Why will you forever and always hate them?
because I have my own reasons for not liking them, I gave them a chance, but people still get upset because no one is allowed to criticize the wonder years.
12:39 PM on 04/22/14
icynova
Love is easier made than kept!
User Info.
Wow beard....
08:35 AM on 04/23/14
Wutz
Don't Worry, I'm A Pilot
User Info.
because I have my own reasons for not liking them, I gave them a chance, but people still get upset because no one is allowed to criticize the wonder years.

With weird, veiled responses like that; you REALLY have me curious about why you dislike The Wonder Years.

The last time I heard a "I have my own reasons," it was some girl who didn't like a band because some other girl who bought the Toms she wanted liked the band.

I'd LOVE to hear about your reasons.
10:47 AM on 04/23/14
Passion Man
User Info.
With weird, veiled responses like that; you REALLY have me curious about why you dislike The Wonder Years.

The last time I heard a "I have my own reasons," it was some girl who didn't like a band because some other girl who bought the Toms she wanted liked the band.

I'd LOVE to hear about your reasons.
my personal reasons:

Vocals of Soupy aren't that great, doesn't have much range, somewhat grating at times.
Vocals of background singer sound weird to me, like almost bro-esque. can't put my finger on it. (Bridge of My Life as a Pigeon, for example)
Gang vocals sound bro-esque as well. (Bridge of Logan's circle, for example)
Fanbase can be a little fanatical over them
Not catchy enough

I really wanted to get into them, but never could.

I guess that's about it really.
06:55 AM on 04/25/14
Wutz
Don't Worry, I'm A Pilot
User Info.
my personal reasons:

Vocals of Soupy aren't that great, doesn't have much range, somewhat grating at times.
Vocals of background singer sound weird to me, like almost bro-esque. can't put my finger on it. (Bridge of My Life as a Pigeon, for example)
Gang vocals sound bro-esque as well. (Bridge of Logan's circle, for example)
Fanbase can be a little fanatical over them
Not catchy enough

I really wanted to get into them, but never could.

I guess that's about it really.
Those all seem like good enough reasons.

I'd provide counter-arguments to a couple of your thoughts if we were sitting around in-person. Over the internet we'll just sound like we're both dicks (I AM a dick - I don't know about you, though, I'd hate to make you look like a dick if you're just a normal dude).

...but you're 100% right regarding some of their fanbase - it's bonkers. That's not really TWY's fault that people love them so much, though.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos