Username
Password
The Red Jumpsuit Apparatus News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Red Jumpsuit Apparatus
Inside AP.net

Red Jumpsuit Copyright!

Posted by: Jason Tate (04/21/14)
A photographer was not happy with Red Jumpsuit Apparatus using one of his photos without permission. The entire ordeal can be found on Rohan Anderson's page.
Many things shocked me about this response, usually I receive an email saying something along the lines of “Sorry! We weren’t sure of the original owner, we’ve taken it down for you.”. The fact that they decided to “ban” me from any future shows simply for standing up for my intellectual property absolutely stuns me.

Update: It looks like this has now been worked out.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 53
11:01 AM on 04/21/14
B.Leibo
User Info.
Just finished reading that right before this was posted... PR must have gotten involved... its the only explanation of them doing such a massive 180 with their attitude towards the situation.

Another take:

http://petapixel.com/2014/04/21/band...graphers-work/
11:15 AM on 04/21/14
abusedcat
Long Gone Before Daylight
User Info.
This band still exists?
11:23 AM on 04/21/14
Jacob Tender
User Info.
Funny way to remind people your band is still around.

Glad everything was resolved.
11:25 AM on 04/21/14
gr33ndayfr3ak
www.nickferran.com
User Info.
Man, what a bunch of toolbags. I knew their music wasn't very good, but I didn't know they were also a bunch of unprofessional idiots.
11:29 AM on 04/21/14
Buscemi Knows Best
You owe me a Sausage McMuffin.
User Info.
These guys can fuck right off.
11:37 AM on 04/21/14
jesster4life911
User Info.
As a professional photographer, I can say this guy is completely overreacting. It is very annoying that a band would crop out your watermark, add a filter to your photo, and save it as a lower quality, but it's really not worth the argument. I would totally be on his side if the band was selling the image on t-shirts, album art, etc. but posting the photo to Facebook is hardly a reason to be upset. He's just looking for any reason to prove a point and cause a fuss.

The band was immature with the way they responded, and I completely hate the "you should be honored that we let you take our photo" line. I've gotten that a handful of times, and it really shows how bad of an attitude a lot of popular musicians have, but this photographer seems like a tool.
11:39 AM on 04/21/14
MrBenjaminQLee
I am adorable.
User Info.
My friend knows a band who opened for them one night, RJA was complete assholes to them. This doesn't surprise me in the least.
11:44 AM on 04/21/14
danperez
User Info.
Kinda weird.

If someone photographs "my likeness," I would think I can use it.
Especially if I granted them VIP access to photograph me.

So yeah...

Also, the photog's 1ST email, gave the band the option of removal or give credit.
But photog threatens with lawsuit in his 2ND email, after the band gave credit?

"Dick Unprofessionalism" VS. "Childish Unprofessionalism"
Who wins?
11:44 AM on 04/21/14
bestofmoss
core
User Info.
As a professional photographer, I can say this guy is completely overreacting. It is very annoying that a band would crop out your watermark, add a filter to your photo, and save it as a lower quality, but it's really not worth the argument. I would totally be on his side if the band was selling the image on t-shirts, album art, etc. but posting the photo to Facebook is hardly a reason to be upset. He's just looking for any reason to prove a point and cause a fuss.

The band was immature with the way they responded, and I completely hate the "you should be honored that we let you take our photo" line. I've gotten that a handful of times, and it really shows how bad of an attitude a lot of popular musicians have, but this photographer seems like a tool.
His emails were very level headed and understandable. Pretty much have no idea where you're coming from.
11:48 AM on 04/21/14
xtbs7645x
User Info.
a bit overdramatic...
11:57 AM on 04/21/14
danperez
User Info.
In the medical field, we were taught that soon as a patient or patient's family drops the word "sue" or, " lawsuit," to say, "This conversation is over."

So, RJA's decision to ban him, was a good move, IMO.
I mean, who wants to deal with someone so rash for legal action?
12:06 PM on 04/21/14
Dizzy23
User Info.
Lol as if your music sucking wasn't enough you have to go and alienate more people.

Photographer was legally within his limits, but kinda being a bitch too.
12:07 PM on 04/21/14
Dizzy23
User Info.
Kinda weird.

If someone photographs "my likeness," I would think I can use it.
Especially if I granted them VIP access to photograph me.

So yeah...

Also, the photog's 1ST email, gave the band the option of removal or give credit.
But photog threatens with lawsuit in his 2ND email, after the band gave credit?

"Dick Unprofessionalism" VS. "Childish Unprofessionalism"
Who wins?

Haha this
12:13 PM on 04/21/14
iseejosh
Registered Member
User Info.
As a photographer, instances like this happen all the time. Band will find your picture crop out the watermark and post it without a photo cred. If they were selling merch with the photo on it, then yeah, make a fuss. Ronnie Radke did this to me numerous times.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests