AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

General Announcement News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

Beats Music to Sell In-App Subscription on iOS

Posted by - 04:23 PM on 04/21/14
Beats Music will begin selling in-app subscriptions on iOS. Probably a good move if the reports that say they have subscribers "in the low six figures" are true.
Beats CEO Ian Rogers says the decision to sell within the Apple app was fairly straightforward: More than half of Beats users use iPhones, and it’s very hard to get an iOS user to subscribe if you don’t sell in-app. Two other music subscription services — Rhapsody and Rdio — have also agreed to sell subscriptions within Apple’s app, though Rdio raised the price for for in-app subscriptions from $10 a month to $15 a month to accommodate Apple’s tariff.

Displaying posts 1 - 5 of 5
06:08 PM on 04/21/14
WhaleSnake
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I like turtles.
06:41 PM on 04/21/14
SupMikecheck
The Official @SupMikecheck
User Info.
I own a subscription to Beats Music, its my first streaming app and I chose it over Spotify lol and now that my Beats Library has like 10,000 songs it never really loads anymore, doesn't shuffle properly, destroys my phones battery, and there is no option to load your library on the Web Player! That's the biggest flaw.
01:16 AM on 04/22/14
Delhi
delhimusic.bandcamp.com
User Info.
It's still the new kid on the block and has a lot of kinks to work out, but I think it's going to be a force to reckon with if it continues at the pace it's at.
11:10 AM on 04/22/14
Beatzero
User Info.
The problem with Beats Music seems to be that it functions primarily as a way to generate and recommend playlists. That's a great thing to have, but it doesn't seem like it's enough to justify a standalone app. I could see it becoming an app within Spotify in the future if Trent Reznor and the Beats Music execs can accept that "intelligent curation" just isn't profitable to the degree that it was marketed.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos