AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Tour Dates News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

The Austin City Limits Festival Line-Up

Posted by - 11:29 AM on 04/22/14
The Austin City Limits Festival line-up has been announced.

Submitted by Cameronisonfire

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 17
11:30 AM on 04/22/14
Jolan
USA
User Info.
Tickets are onsale too
11:38 AM on 04/22/14
FUCKDIRTYWIPES
Kicking it middle school
User Info.
and yet another line up better then Lollapalooza.
11:49 AM on 04/22/14
Kuri44
Bank
User Info.
Got my ticket! Pretty solid lineup, though I wish they would get more bands from different genres.. Every year is like a Alt Nation/XMU festival..
12:11 PM on 04/22/14
TylerHartman
User Info.
That lineup is not doing much for me. Feels pretty weak for ACL. In addition, I feel as though the Outkast reunion will be REALLY tired, by October.
12:39 PM on 04/22/14
rob_mylo
@itstherobster
User Info.
Not a very good lineup this year.
Will make the trek to either Chicago or Denver for Riot Fest instead.
12:52 PM on 04/22/14
texan4lif281
User Info.
Don't think this is ever worth the price.
01:10 PM on 04/22/14
lordfrisby
User Info.
This is really disappointing. ACL is always a lot of fun but when the only decent sized rock band is AFI I have a hard time justifying it. Probably going to do Voodoo Fest instead as long as that lineup doesn't suck too. Has anyone heard anything about when the Riot Fest and Voodoo Fest lineups will be announced?
01:15 PM on 04/22/14
Steve_JustAGuy
www.justaguy.us
User Info.
This is really disappointing. ACL is always a lot of fun but when the only decent sized rock band is AFI I have a hard time justifying it. Probably going to do Voodoo Fest instead as long as that lineup doesn't suck too. Has anyone heard anything about when the Riot Fest and Voodoo Fest lineups will be announced?

Mid-May for Chicago Riot Fest, not sure about the other cities or Voodoo Fest.
01:40 PM on 04/22/14
xHoodieWeather
I Just Want To Sell Out My Funeral
User Info.
For those of you that live in ATX and think the lineup is kind of worth it but don't wanna shell out the $200 bucks, look into volunteering. C3 runs ACL mostly on volunteers and free admission is well worth it.

The lineup has me interested with the Eminem/Outkast combo since ACL doesn't usually do headliners like that, but the tier 2 is severely lacking compared to last year's combo of The National, Vampire Weekend, Phoenix and Kendrick.

The only problem with the lineup honestly is that it's gonna draw a crowd even more dreadful than last year's and the amount of EDM making its way to the festival will mean that even ACL is at risk for the dumb drug overdoses that have been happening at practically every other festival.
01:53 PM on 04/22/14
skyphoenix
One Among the Fence
User Info.
and yet another line up better then Lollapalooza.
I still can't figure out how C3 fucked up and got Kings of Leon and not Pearl Jam. I can understand why Beck isn't there, because P4K but come on.
01:59 PM on 04/22/14
Youarcade
User Info.
Would kill to see Spoon!
03:16 PM on 04/22/14
DeviateRogue
Valar Morghulis
User Info.
For those of you that live in ATX and think the lineup is kind of worth it but don't wanna shell out the $200 bucks, look into volunteering. C3 runs ACL mostly on volunteers and free admission is well worth it.

The lineup has me interested with the Eminem/Outkast combo since ACL doesn't usually do headliners like that, but the tier 2 is severely lacking compared to last year's combo of The National, Vampire Weekend, Phoenix and Kendrick.

The only problem with the lineup honestly is that it's gonna draw a crowd even more dreadful than last year's and the amount of EDM making its way to the festival will mean that even ACL is at risk for the dumb drug overdoses that have been happening at practically every other festival.
Where would we find relevant information on volunteering?
04:27 PM on 04/22/14
xHoodieWeather
I Just Want To Sell Out My Funeral
User Info.
Where would we find relevant information on volunteering?
information will be up in mid-july at http://www.aclfestival.com/festival/#faq-festival

If you have any basic questions about it and stuff you can PM me though, I should be able to answer them. I can also see if I have the info packet from last year which should give you an idea.
05:13 PM on 04/22/14
RiCCioLi
Midtown Saves.
User Info.
If it wasnt most hip hop headliners I would consider the flight to see Pearl Jam. But Im hoping they are doing another US Fall tour.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos