Username
Password

Comments: Page 2
Displaying posts 15 - 30 of 41
04:39 PM on 04/22/14
beachdude42
http://www.theylivereviews.com/
User Info.
Did this article originally have a different name or something? Saw Bradley's tweets and the comments about sarcasm but I have no idea what they're referencing. re
Yeah can someone explain this?... seriously confused right now. In any case, I can't wait for the new album!
04:54 PM on 04/22/14
Trased152425
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Yeah can someone explain this?... seriously confused right now. In any case, I can't wait for the new album!

The initial post at the end said something like "apparently this time their writing the music they love." Which I thought was a funny little comment and I love Emarosa to death. Can see how people would get mad but lighten up. Too stoked for the new record though. I always hated how the music was always put secondary to Jonny's vocals and it seems like Bradley is more of a team player although I can't help but think he looks like a stockier version of Jonny (anyone else?)
04:58 PM on 04/22/14
beachdude42
http://www.theylivereviews.com/
User Info.
The initial post at the end said something like "apparently this time their writing the music they love." Which I thought was a funny little comment and I love Emarosa to death. Can see how people would get mad but lighten up. Too stoked for the new record though. I always hated how the music was always put secondary to Jonny's vocals and it seems like Bradley is more of a team player although I can't help but think he looks like a stockier version of Jonny (anyone else?)
Lol that's funny, I don't see what the big deal is but whatever. And yeah a ton of the YouTube comments on the last video called him "fat Jonny" which is kind of a dick thing to say imo.
05:14 PM on 04/22/14
Trased152425
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Lol that's funny, I don't see what the big deal is but whatever. And yeah a ton of the YouTube comments on the last video called him "fat Jonny" which is kind of a dick thing to say imo.

Yeah that's fucked up, "stockier" is a more accurate in my eyes cause he doesn't look fat just stocky. Haha
06:00 PM on 04/22/14
bowbzzz
User Info.
These fucking guys. Didn't they record two records with JC? One could argue , if it wasnt for JC , they would've flamed out two albums ago.

As much as people don't want to say it, this is totally true.
06:24 PM on 04/22/14
Jacob Tender
User Info.
These fucking guys. Didn't they record two records with JC? One could argue , if it wasnt for JC , they would've flamed out two albums ago.
Sure, but what does that really matter? The Jonny Craig era of Emarosa is over. What they say is true. Emarosa was the Jonny Craig show with some guys holding instruments behind him. If you know anything about how they wrote the last two records, you understand.

The process for this record was completely different for many reasons. The singer wrote the lyrics, the band wrote the songs WITH the singer, and the mixing was a breeze in comparison to the last record according to Paul Leavitt.

Would Bradley Walden be singing for Emarosa today if Jonny Craig didn't do it for two records previous? No. He wouldn't.

Would you go to college without a high school diploma? No. You wouldn't.

You don't tell everyone you know about your 8th period science class when you're holding a Bachelor's degree in Chemistry.

Emarosa is 100% in the right to say that they are doing things more efficiently now that Craig is gone.
06:41 PM on 04/22/14
TellYourFriends
The Bad Guy
User Info.
Bummed we were never introduced at Buster's Jacob. Ha.
06:42 PM on 04/22/14
TehRoffler
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
This whole thing is turning into, like, the "rap beef" of post-hardcore.
06:42 PM on 04/22/14
Zack Zarrillo
User Info.
Expected that to come off really harsh and rude of the band after all the fuss. Just seems like they commended Bradley's skills and what he brings to the band, which is not necessarily a diss to Craig, in my mind. The band took close to five years off in terms of a release to wait for a better fit moving forward, and it looks like they found it.

Seems like Craig kind of took their complements to Bradley as a negative assertion towards him. Not sure that's accurate? I don't care about either band/singer in terms of their musical output, but just seems like Craig is stirring up stuff.
06:43 PM on 04/22/14
TriangularDuck
we will set sail the prairie
User Info.
Sure, but what does that really matter? The Jonny Craig era of Emarosa is over. What they say is true. Emarosa was the Jonny Craig show with some guys holding instruments behind him. If you know anything about how they wrote the last two records, you understand.

I thought the "creative process" for the Jonny Craig era of Emarosa was the band minus Jonny went and wrote some songs, including most of the lyrics, and Jonny essentially freestyled vocal lines over the already written songs.
06:45 PM on 04/22/14
totallysweet
User Info.
Sounds good. Dude's voice is cool. Good for them.
07:08 PM on 04/22/14
SmileWithASmirk
User Info.
No Avatar Selected

The process for this record was completely different for many reasons. The singer wrote the lyrics, the band wrote the songs WITH the singer, and the mixing was a breeze in comparison to the last record according to Paul Leavitt.

Would Bradley Walden be singing for Emarosa today if Jonny Craig didn't do it for two records previous? No. He wouldn't.

Would you go to college without a high school diploma? No. You wouldn't.

You don't tell everyone you know about your 8th period science class when you're holding a Bachelor's degree in Chemistry.

Emarosa is 100% in the right to say that they are doing things more efficiently now that Craig is gone.
It obviously matters a whole lot to you guy... Ps your anologies suck, go read the bible or something.
07:11 PM on 04/22/14
Jacob Tender
User Info.
Seems like Craig kind of took their complements to Bradley as a negative assertion towards him. Not sure that's accurate? I don't care about either band/singer in terms of their musical output, but just seems like Craig is stirring up stuff.
yep

I thought the "creative process" for the Jonny Craig era of Emarosa was the band minus Jonny went and wrote some songs, including most of the lyrics, and Jonny essentially freestyled vocal lines over the already written songs.
Yep. The next lines of the quoted post essentially said that.

Bummed we were never introduced at Buster's Jacob. Ha.
Me too! Sorry, who are you again? haha
07:13 PM on 04/22/14
Jacob Tender
User Info.
It obviously matters a whole lot to you guy... Ps your anologies suck, go read the bible or something.
God is dead and there are no good reasons I should reply.
08:13 PM on 04/22/14
the seventeenth
level 71 community member
User Info.
Saw them live the other day... I was absolutely blown away... Surpassed all of my expectations. The new guy sure knows how to sing.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos