Username
Password
Video News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Video
Inside AP.net

Linkin Park Tease "The Hunting Party"

Posted by: Ryan Gardner (04/22/14)
Watch a teaser for Linkin Park's upcoming album, The Hunting Party, in the replies. The album releases June 17th.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 29
02:06 PM on 04/22/14
Ryan Gardner
User Info.
02:17 PM on 04/22/14
JCCC
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Linkin Park 2014 = Thrice 2004
02:21 PM on 04/22/14
mbarney82
User Info.
A little bit more excited now. Wanna hear another single before I get my hopes up
02:24 PM on 04/22/14
chewbacca110
dot dot dot REAL MAN!!
User Info.
As a band known for heavy electronics and sound manipulation, I'm excited to see them go more toward a raw and organic sound.
02:27 PM on 04/22/14
Gaugzilla
and one head can never die
User Info.
A little bit more excited now. Wanna hear another single before I get my hopes up

Here's the song they're playing.
02:30 PM on 04/22/14
mbarney82
User Info.

Here's the song they're playing.
Sorry, I meant another single. Other than Guilty All the Same
02:35 PM on 04/22/14
Sawhney[rusted]
User Info.
Sorry, I meant another single. Other than Guilty All the Same
Guilty all the same sounded terrible. Hope the rest of the album is better.
Amongster
Still On The Sand
User Info.
Linkin Park 2014 = Thrice 2004
Not really any basis to make that assessment, and I think LP would miss the mark in trying to pull that off anyway.
falconate
User Info.
The problem I always have with this band is that whatever style it is they choose to play, be it nu-metal, alt rock, electronic rock, whatever, they always sound so poppy doing it. I wish they would experiment a bit more, step away from the huge radio-friendly choruses and the like. And so far with this track, I'm not really hearing it.

Also, Jesus Christ did the intro to Guilty All the Same really have to be over a minute and a half long?
02:42 PM on 04/22/14
xJesusFreakx
duh please
User Info.
The problem I always have with this band is that whatever style it is they choose to play, be it nu-metal, alt rock, electronic rock, whatever, they always sound so poppy doing it. I wish they would experiment a bit more, step away from the huge radio-friendly choruses and the like. And so far with this track, I'm not really hearing it.

Also, Jesus Christ did the intro to Guilty All the Same really have to be over a minute and a half long?

Wait, so they're too poppy for you, but you're also mad that the intro is too long?
02:50 PM on 04/22/14
falconate
User Info.
Wait, so they're too poppy for you, but you're also mad that the intro is too long?
They do nothing to justify its length, and if they're gonna make a pop song, I'd rather they go all in and make a total pop song than this song which is clearly trying to be edgy and maybe even somewhat experimental and ambitious, but still feels basically like a pop song.
02:56 PM on 04/22/14
xJesusFreakx
duh please
User Info.
They do nothing to justify its length, and if they're gonna make a pop song, I'd rather they go all in and make a total pop song than this song which is clearly trying to be edgy and maybe even somewhat experimental and ambitious, but still feels basically like a pop song.

I often dislike stuff for not being catchy enough or creative enough, instead lingering in that rather dull middle ground, but I am in love with every second of the song.
03:21 PM on 04/22/14
SteveD
It won't snow where she is going.
User Info.
Linkin Park has been my favorite band since 2000. Hybrid Theory and Meteora are perfect for me, Minutes To Midnight was phenomenal. I hated Living Things, and was luke warm on A thousand Suns. I think they should have dropped Rick Rubin after M2M and just let Mike produce everything. That guy is the bands heart, the man is beyond just a talented musician.

They blew me away with "New Divide" since it felt like an older LP song.

I liked Guilty All The Same but I hated the fact they had a guest. No cursing was what set them apart until M2M and besides the Remix albums they never had guests because everyone in the band could pull off whatever a guest could do. I liked Rakim's verse but I feel that Mike should have done it. These are just pet peeves of mine though... I guess.

I know a dude from Helmet and Daron from System Of A Down will also be taking up guest spots. I don't know how great it will be, but I wont judge until it comes out.

I'm hoping that this album blows me away though as of right now I'm indifferent toward it.

Fingers crossed for the best.
03:51 PM on 04/22/14
LogikaX
Project Tu
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I find that a super ironic criticism seeing as you have Thom Yorke as your avatar haha. I'd consider Radiohead a pop-centric band with experimental flourishes (and I think that's a great thing).

Though if you want them being a bit more all in with experimental ideas, you might want to try listening to A Thousand Suns.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests