AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password
UK News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
UK
Inside AP.net

Reports: The Libertines Playing Reunion Show in...

Posted by: Jason Tate (04/25/14)
NME is reporting that The Libertines will play London's Hyde Park on July 5thas part of the upcoming Barclaycard British Summer Time concert series.
"Not long ago I listened to The Libertines songs on YouTube and had a burst of nostalgia so I said what the heck, and then they told me how much they will pay us and I cannot lie to you I couldnít say no, at least not in my state right now. I was recently called to family law court after a young girl I knew had told me I was the father of her baby. I have a year and a half old girl and I need to pay a lot of alimony, Iím in debt. Itís very complicated for me to say no right now, I have financial problems."

Displaying posts 1 - 4 of 4
11:25 AM on 04/25/14
gold soundz
User Info.
I will forever kick myself for not seeing them when they toured the states. I wonder if Pete will/can ever tour here again. I think he tried to play a john Lennon tribute a few years back but they wouldn't let him into the country.
12:36 PM on 04/25/14
Kyle Huntington
GIVEN TO THE WILD
User Info.
I'm going to be there. I've seen Babyshambles and Dirty Pretty Things but never a Libs gig and I cannot wait. Wolf Alice are there that day too so that's enough to sell it for me. Will be so fun.
Pete's personal news is pretty heavy though.
01:31 PM on 04/28/14
jackSHIT
User Info.
I love the Libs but if they just keep reforming every now and then for the odd gig I'm worried it's going to really tarnish their reputation? Please just either stay together or apart!
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests