AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Recording News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

Frank Turner Demos New Music

Posted by - 03:39 PM on 04/25/14
Frank Turner is currently demoing some new songs.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 17
03:40 PM on 04/25/14
Turkeylegz
C'est La Vie
User Info.
Great! Although Tape Deck was a grower for me, I'd put it up there with the best of his.
03:43 PM on 04/25/14
Ourchestra
User Info.
When isn't he demoing new songs?
03:46 PM on 04/25/14
scott!athedisco
User Info.
Heard him play three of these last weekend, expect an amazing next album. He put his soul out to bare in 'Little Aphrodite' and it's sequel. It was almost uncomfortable to watch, just because it seemed so personal . Can't wait to hear a recorded version and I hope he gets even more us airplay.
04:27 PM on 04/25/14
botDs-r
www.twitter.com/shawnhyphenray
User Info.
I was about to say the exact same thing
04:42 PM on 04/25/14
walkthewill
Heart Strung On The Clothing Line
User Info.
So true haha
05:22 PM on 04/25/14
SpyKi
This Charming Man
User Info.
Can't wait for new Frank.
06:50 PM on 04/25/14
Keele
Registered Member
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Wish he was recording a new album and not just demos. Really like Frank's music and storytelling. Hope this becomes a 2014 release.
12:19 AM on 04/26/14
Eurotrash Drock
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
i like Frank Turner, but quality, not quantity
06:44 AM on 04/26/14
Keele
Registered Member
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
i like Frank Turner, but quality, not quantity

It's been a year since Tape Deck Heart (and all the songs on the album were written well before that). I don't think it's out of the question to write 12-18 good to great songs in a year and a half+. He's also a solo artist (yes he has the Sleeping Souls, but he is the main writer). I say keep'em coming. Some artists don't require lots of time between writing like Brian Fallon, Dustin Kensrue, Kevin Devine, Andy Hull for example. There a lot who can like Frank and for multiple projects. Then you have guys like Brand New.
07:06 AM on 04/26/14
SpyKi
This Charming Man
User Info.
The Smiths put out 4 incredible albums in 4 years, sometimes quality comes quickly.
07:18 AM on 04/26/14
Keele
Registered Member
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
When you're inspired, write it down and record it.
10:10 AM on 04/26/14
runningohfive
I know...
User Info.
My body is ready.
05:08 AM on 04/27/14
Eurotrash Drock
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
It's been a year since Tape Deck Heart (and all the songs on the album were written well before that). I don't think it's out of the question to write 12-18 good to great songs in a year and a half+. He's also a solo artist (yes he has the Sleeping Souls, but he is the main writer). I say keep'em coming. Some artists don't require lots of time between writing like Brian Fallon, Dustin Kensrue, Kevin Devine, Andy Hull for example. There a lot who can like Frank and for multiple projects. Then you have guys like Brand New.
yeah, i understand your point to an extent. it just seems like each album has gotten progressively not as good as the last one over the last 6 years or so. as for the other artists you mentioned, i wouldnt say each album theyve put out has been renowned. but i also havent been a fan of the gaslight anthem in like, 7 years. all of thrice's stuff is good, dustins solo and new stuff, not so much. the only artist i can think of off the top of my head who is a machine that has a near flawless canon is trent reznor and even he has his missteps.
07:07 AM on 04/27/14
SpyKi
This Charming Man
User Info.
yeah, i understand your point to an extent. it just seems like each album has gotten progressively not as good as the last one over the last 6 years or so. as for the other artists you mentioned, i wouldnt say each album theyve put out has been renowned. but i also havent been a fan of the gaslight anthem in like, 7 years. all of thrice's stuff is good, dustins solo and new stuff, not so much. the only artist i can think of off the top of my head who is a machine that has a near flawless canon is trent reznor and even he has his missteps.
Yeah, I definitely disagree. I think Poetry is easily his weakest and England and TDH were both better and his new stuff sounds great too. Plus The Beatles are pretty well regarded and they put out an unbelievable amount of music in a short space of time.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos