Username
Password
The Gaslight Anthem News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Gaslight Anthem
Inside AP.net

... And Now Some Covers From The Gaslight Anthem

Posted by: Jason Tate (04/25/14)
Let's keep the covers coming ... check the replies to see The Gaslight Anthem cover "Anywhere I Lay My Head" by Tom Waits (holllllly shit), and "This Is Where We Part" which is reportedly a Twopointeight song from their new album.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 27
09:03 PM on 04/25/14
Jason Tate
User Info.

09:23 PM on 04/25/14
huludfan82
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Amazing, that Tom Waits cover...wow
10:00 PM on 04/25/14
somekid773
I was a ghost on your birthday
User Info.
Really great stuff. Brian's voice on that Tom Waits cover...phew. Love it.

Kind of sounds like music backing a funeral procession.
10:02 PM on 04/25/14
AP_Punk
Anarchist Cat Owner
User Info.
Holy shit indeed at that Tom Waits cover
06:56 AM on 04/26/14
Keele
Registered Member
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
It's from their fan club 7". I'd say prefer the "this is where we part" cover myself, but love that they do these. I think it'd be fair to say these were likely recorded before they went to do their new album in Nashville. Wouldn't be surprised if they recorded another new cover or two during those sessions as b-sides.
09:02 AM on 04/26/14
CellarGhosts
cellarghosts.tumblr.com
User Info.
Waits cover is excellent.
01:13 PM on 04/26/14
J.Dick
User Info.
That B-Sides record was a straight up cash grab.
01:14 PM on 04/26/14
Jason Tate
User Info.
Two things:

1) Their old label released it.

2) Who cares? What's wrong with labels and/or bands trying to make money anyway they can?
03:15 PM on 04/26/14
Ben Lee
Gold light breaks behind the houses
User Info.

Once Upon a Time was worth the cost of that record alone.
06:51 PM on 04/26/14
J.Dick
User Info.
Two things:

1) Their old label released it.

2) Who cares? What's wrong with labels and/or bands trying to make money anyway they can?

1) Side One released it most likely as a contract obligation to finish the records they owed Side One but it wasn't well done or well put together (just like that shitty DVD Gaslight put out).

2) nothing wrong with bands trying to make a living from making music but have some integrity and don't fleece your fans who have supported you this far. Alkaline Trio's Remains was the same type of record with Vagrant and it had like 25 songs, a poster, and a DVD (if I remember correctly).
06:57 PM on 04/26/14
Jason Tate
User Info.
1) Side One released it most likely as a contract obligation to finish the records they owed Side One but it wasn't well done or well put together (just like that shitty DVD Gaslight put out).

2) nothing wrong with bands trying to make a living from making music but have some integrity and don't fleece your fans who have supported you this far. Alkaline Trio's Remains was the same type of record with Vagrant and it had like 25 songs, a poster, and a DVD (if I remember correctly).
1) Has nothing to do with what I said.

2) Has nothing to do with what I said either and makes no sense given 1.
07:07 PM on 04/26/14
J.Dick
User Info.
1) Has nothing to do with what I said.

2) Has nothing to do with what I said either and makes no sense given 1.

You make no sense.

Gaslight owed Side One a record and Gaslight hands them the B sides tracks. It's terribly put together. Gaslight and Side One should be ashamed. Not sure how you don't understand #2. Other bands and labels have done this and much better. Remains, Eudora and other odds and ends collections are more exhaustive and have essential songs where as The B Sides does not.
07:16 PM on 04/26/14
Jason Tate
User Info.
You make no sense.

Gaslight owed Side One a record and Gaslight hands them the B sides tracks. It's terribly put together. Gaslight and Side One should be ashamed. Not sure how you don't understand #2. Other bands and labels have done this and much better. Remains, Eudora and other odds and ends collections are more exhaustive and have essential songs where as The B Sides does not.
They didn't owe them a record. You're speaking nonsense now ... you don't like the album, don't buy it, that's your choice. No one is ashamed, and none of this still has anything to do with the original post and comment. What other bands do or have done is completely irrelevant.
07:28 PM on 04/26/14
J.Dick
User Info.
They didn't owe them a record. You're speaking nonsense now ... you don't like the album, don't buy it, that's your choice. No one is ashamed, and none of this still has anything to do with the original post and comment. What other bands do or have done is completely irrelevant.

You say "what's wrong with labels and bands making money any way they can?" and I give you an answer. It shows a lack of respect for your audience. Go sell what you want...doesn't mean I'm gonna support it.
Options
Related News Stories
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums