Username
Password
UK News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
UK
Inside AP.net

Charlie Simpson Unveils 'Long Road Home'

Posted by: Blake Solomon (04/29/14)
Charlie Simpson will release his long-awaited new album, Long Road Home, on July 14th. You can preorder the album here, and see the album artwork and a 'making of' video in the replies.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 21
07:24 AM on 04/29/14
Blake Solomon
Leave a one-way note.
User Info.

message from charlieThe making of this album has been an incredible journey for me, it is probably the hardest record I have ever had to make. It took me a while to find what I was looking for and there were points when I nearly had to go back to the drawing board. However, after taking some much needed time out from writing and all things music related, I came back with a completely fresh perspective and wrote in my opinion, some of the best music I have written in my career so far. It’s an album I am hugely proud of and one I had to fight for which makes it all the more special. I can’t wait to finally be able to share it with you guys!
07:27 AM on 04/29/14
Thomas Nassiff
resuscitation of the year
User Info.
all in for this
07:38 AM on 04/29/14
zachff
deadformat.net/tradelist/zachff
User Info.
No vinyl release? Where's anamericangod on this one?
08:01 AM on 04/29/14
BlackJak094
Dancing between the fibers of time.
User Info.
Very excited for this. However, I really hope after Charlie and Gunship are done supporting their albums Fightstar will reunite.
08:29 AM on 04/29/14
stereokiller
Howdy.
User Info.
AOTY

x
08:35 AM on 04/29/14
SpyKi
This Charming Man
User Info.
No vinyl release? Where's anamericangod on this one?
He asked about it on Facebook the other day to gauge interest, I'd guess it's coming soon.

SO excited for this. It's been forever.
08:44 AM on 04/29/14
Alligator Blood
/////////////////
User Info.
Yes!

I also brought tickets to McBusted today, for those who are aware of Charlie's past life
08:50 AM on 04/29/14
SpyKi
This Charming Man
User Info.
Yes!

I also brought tickets to McBusted today, for those who are aware of Charlie's past life
Jealous. I'd go if I weren't so poor/the setlist wasn't so singles heavy.
09:20 AM on 04/29/14
metallikunt
This Don't Look Like LAX
User Info.
I can't wait for this! AOTY for sure, I already know.

He will for sure release it on wax, he was asking about it the other day and was stoked with the response he got.

I was tempted to buy the boxset but with shipping to Cali, it's about 45 ($75) ... I just can't justify it this time around. Will happily pay for the vinyl (and shipping) when he releases that though, as I know the Young Pilgrim one sold out quickly and is as rare as rocking horse shit these days. Will buy the CD if it releases here, if not I'll just buy a digital copy.
09:26 AM on 04/29/14
TheGoodnightMoon
cursed far more than I am praised
User Info.
This is going to be so good, maybe even better than Young Pilgrim. Potential for my AOTY too.
09:26 AM on 04/29/14
SpyKi
This Charming Man
User Info.
I'll pick up the deluxe edition just for the lyric book and the audio commentary, ha.
09:44 AM on 04/29/14
metallikunt
This Don't Look Like LAX
User Info.
Yeah I kinda wanted the deluxe boxset but then I realised that my YP boxset just sits there collecting dust and figured it's not worth the $75 to get it. I still have the YP t-shirt sitting in the box too. I'll just grab the vinyl (possibly 2 of them like with YP) and the CD copy. Might even skip the CD and purchase the iTunes deluxe version with bonus tracks and a track by track commentary, then just download a FLAC rip from somewhere.
10:20 AM on 04/29/14
GetUpAndrew
The Things We Think We're Missing
User Info.
I'm really looking forward to this.
10:37 AM on 04/29/14
SpyKi
This Charming Man
User Info.
Yeah I kinda wanted the deluxe boxset but then I realised that my YP boxset just sits there collecting dust and figured it's not worth the $75 to get it. I still have the YP t-shirt sitting in the box too. I'll just grab the vinyl (possibly 2 of them like with YP) and the CD copy. Might even skip the CD and purchase the iTunes deluxe version with bonus tracks and a track by track commentary, then just download a FLAC rip from somewhere.
The itunes version has the commentary too? Might just get that separately if possible and get a CD then.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests