Username
Password
TV News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
TV
Inside AP.net

Gwen Stefani Confirms Spot on "The Voice"

Posted by: Jason Tate (04/29/14)
Gwen Stefani has confirmed she'll be a judge on this year's The Voice.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 19
05:35 PM on 04/29/14
irthesteve
All that wander are not lost
User Info.
As far as judges on music competitions, I think the Voice really does the best to not do huge stunt casting like Minaj, Britney Spears, or play up drama. Kinda cool to see Gwen and Pharrell as new judges because they both seem like genuinely nice people with talents that could help the contestents.
05:50 PM on 04/29/14
Ollie McKraut
Registered Member
User Info.
are the judges different from the coaches (not gonna google cause I feel like this question adds to the discussion)
05:57 PM on 04/29/14
cowlord
( ¯\_(ツ)_/¯)
User Info.
are the judges different from the coaches (not gonna google cause I feel like this question adds to the discussion)

I believe coaches are people who help out the judges team, and each judge is in charge of their team.
05:57 PM on 04/29/14
mr_raccoon
UᴼᴥᴼU
User Info.

Let the fact that this is half of the coaches on the next season of The Voice sit in for a second
06:11 PM on 04/29/14
NickIsI
I'm Only Here to Disappoint
User Info.
The Voice doesn't have "judges," only coaches. The coaches help and advise the members of their team. Contestants are first eliminated in battle rounds, where two people go against one another. The coach picks which person to keep on their team, and who gets eliminated. Once they get down to like, 12 contestants, they start the live shows, where votes and purchases on iTunes save the contestants, until there is only one person left.

tl;dr, The Voice only has coaches, America is "the judge."
06:23 PM on 04/29/14
Ollie McKraut
Registered Member
User Info.
okay I was just confused because I felt like I was watching an episode of "this year's" The Voice last night and she wasn't there. I just got tripped up by the wording I guess she is slated to be on the fall season. Thanks you two for the clarity
06:31 PM on 04/29/14
Yontsey
This Awkward Silence / Dustin
User Info.
okay I was just confused because I felt like I was watching an episode of "this year's" The Voice last night and she wasn't there. I just got tripped up by the wording I guess she is slated to be on the fall season. Thanks you two for the clarity

She won't be on til next season.
08:07 PM on 04/29/14
JayDanielHammer
solidkneeplus.tumblr.com
User Info.
As far as judges on music competitions, I think the Voice really does the best to not do huge stunt casting like Minaj, Britney Spears, or play up drama. Kinda cool to see Gwen and Pharrell as new judges because they both seem like genuinely nice people with talents that could help the contestents.
nicki was the best judge for anything ever though
11:42 PM on 04/29/14
HopeInLove
User Info.
Show sucks, and lame.
06:51 AM on 04/30/14
superchrist
User Info.
I can't stand shows like The Voice or American Idol.
07:49 AM on 04/30/14
iamalexenglish
Aren't Kids Anymore…
User Info.
Show sucks, and lame.
Disagree
10:45 AM on 04/30/14
Lucas27
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
The Voice is fantastic. I say this as someone who had pronounced singing competitions dead after American Idol's millionth season. Started watching last season and the talent is 10 times what American Idol ever had. Also, the fact that the coaches have so much invested in their teams adds a cool dynamic. And it's surprisingly ungimmicky (relatively speaking).
01:10 PM on 04/30/14
botDs-r
www.twitter.com/shawnhyphenray
User Info.
I believe coaches are people who help out the judges team, and each judge is in charge of their team.
you're thinking of the advisors. The judges are technically us, the viewers.
01:18 PM on 04/30/14
cowlord
( ¯\_(ツ)_/¯)
User Info.
Show sucks, and lame.

Grammar sucks, and lame.

Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives