troubledbyinsects
~
User Info.
that's really fucking shitty and lame
08:40 PM on 04/30/14
troubledbyinsects
~
User Info.
i don't know why it surprises me but the number of stupid people in here is astounding
08:45 PM on 04/30/14
troubledbyinsects
~
User Info.
It's not the fault of the artist, it's just what this generation is about.
Partying, sex, doing things just because they are fun, the whole YOLO thing.

Music is a business and to be in top you have to reach out to the customers
this isn't the case at all
08:55 PM on 04/30/14
troubledbyinsects
~
User Info.
I have nothing against what Beyonce sings about. But it you try telling me that it's not to please the culture of our generation then I'm just going to laugh. Sorry.
stop saying "our generation" cuz you sound like an idiot

people have been interested in and borderline obsessed with sex since *literally* the beginning of human life. to claim that an artist singing about sexuality and even sexual impulses and experiences is only done to pander to "our generation" is a moronic and poorly thought out critique.
08:55 PM on 04/30/14
troubledbyinsects
~
User Info.
Yeah, occasionally a few artist get lucky without it. Grated though, she isn't nearly as popular as Beyonce and I think she doesn't have the same fan base. I could be wrong but I think Lorde is more popular along the EDM and indie-folk fans (around here at least) and not so much R&B
hey man one other thing: stick to karate
07:29 PM on 05/01/14
troubledbyinsects
~
User Info.
Beyoncé isn't a slut. Having sex does not make one a slut. Careless promiscuity, sex w/o protection and flaunting sexual activity like it's a character strength makes for a "slut".
If a woman cheats or knowingly spreads STD's, that's not feminism.
feminism also does not include calling *anyone* a slut, regardless of if they have sex without protection or flaunt their sexual activity
07:47 PM on 05/01/14
troubledbyinsects
~
User Info.
Then what is the word for that? Horribly misguided? Or in the case of knowingly spreading STD's, a felon?
there is no word for it. it is not your or anyone else's job to police someone else's behavior, especially a woman's, by using a loaded word like "slut." any woman can act however the fuck she wants. don't tell people that they don't know what feminism is when it is clear that you haven't the faintest idea yourself.
09:31 PM on 05/01/14
troubledbyinsects
~
User Info.
The definition of feminism is:
: the belief that men and women should have equal rights and opportunities
: organized activity in support of women's rights and interests
Having sex with every person possible and acting recklessly is not feminism. And yeah, it's is some people's job to "police" others' behavior. I just can't remember what they're called...
Not any person can just act how "the fuck" they want. The HIV-positive guy who just went to prison for knowingly spreading his disease learned that the hard way.
god, you're an idiot. that isn't what i'm talking about at all, and feminism isn't something that fits nicely into a fucking dictionary definition.

the sentence "Having sex with every person possible and acting recklessly is not feminism." makes absolutely no sense and proves to me you are a blockhead
06:07 AM on 05/02/14
troubledbyinsects
~
User Info.
You are correct that the goal of feminism is to achieve equality for women. This is done in many ways, not the least of which is to attempt to create a world in which women are autonomous, that is, free from the unfair and unwelcome influence of men in their decisions. This influence exists in many forms, some of which are explicit such as a man asserting his "right" as a man to beat his wife or a father forcing his daughter to be a nurse because it is a "woman's job." However, sometimes this influence manifests itself in more subtle ways. Are you familiar with "take back the night" rallies? Women rally in parks in order to end the unfair influence men have on their lives that makes them feel scared to walk through a park in the dark for fear of assault. Men, being physically stronger on average, have this implicit power of women by default.

Now, when a women makes the choice to have sex with a lot of men, she is often called a slut or a whore. This is a manifestation of influence. These words are obviously meant to make the woman feel bad for making the decision to have a lot of sex. That is not autonomy, that is being shamed for deciding what to do with your body.

Men, on the other hand, do not suffer this. When a man has sex with a lot of women, he is often praised, and if not, the worst thing he is called is usually "man-whore." The only bad social consequences a man experiences from having a lot of sex is an insult that derives all of it's power from comparing the man to a women, specifically one who has lots of sex. Why is that a bad thing in the first place? That is not equality.

As for women spreading STDs, I have no idea where you pulled that out of, or why you would think anyone would support it.
oh my god thank you lol I was losing my patience

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version