QuietThings430
Stop liking things.
User Info.
Jesus...
11:03 AM on 05/01/14
morgantayler
Toooo maaaaany cooooks
User Info.
Context or not, if you can't express your opinion with using that word, it's probably not an opinion you should share. It's not like she was misquoted.
I never said that the fact that the quote was taken slightly out of context excused what she said. I agree that she shouldn't have said it all.
11:05 AM on 05/01/14
ChaseTx
I wish we didn't read a social context into everything that exists. Art is representative of the artist who makes it and shouldn't have to stand trial by interest groups. The exception would of course be overtly negative things like hate speech, but no, Beyonce shouldn't be limited in any way by a sexually conservative feminist agenda.
11:35 AM on 05/01/14
The_Effort
User Info.
I love comments like yours because the hypocrisy of ranting against what someone says then saying people shouldn't get bothered by what people say is astounding and you people never realize this. It's just hilarious.
I love this post so much
12:59 PM on 05/01/14
brothemighty
Blue moon, where are you today?
User Info.
I read the apology and I can see where she was coming from. But, yeah, Beyonce can do what she wants.
01:00 PM on 05/01/14
jorbjorb
User Info.
Personal tastes, man. Just because you can't get into them doesn't mean they "suck".

I really find it funny that something this trivial has over 100 comments. This is just some journalist trying to stir up an Oasis/Blur battle for the 21st century and failing miserably. Oh well, time to go make some breakfast and coffee.
they suck so much though
01:32 PM on 05/01/14
l.j
autumn angel vs. sparkle motion
User Info.
I've never heard anyone say "unlike those black artist". That's ridiculous. There are tons of other races that use that stuff to sell music.

I think Lorde doesn't have materialist lyrics because she is from New Zealand. Her culture is vastly different from someone else's in America or the UK.

Haha NZ is basically a copy of American culture but months behind, particularly when it comes to music, film and tv
01:47 PM on 05/01/14
Hoodrow Wilson
User Info.
Being a slut should be glorified! Because feminism or something.
01:49 PM on 05/01/14
Sakarazu
Just a little nervous from the fall
User Info.
At this point i dont know how jason can bring himself to post news like this knowing what the comments will be like. Props
02:01 PM on 05/01/14
Ryan Dennehy
what's wrong with having sex/enjoying sex?
02:15 PM on 05/01/14
brothemighty
Blue moon, where are you today?
User Info.
what's wrong with having sex/enjoying sex?
Man, nothing. Let her decide to be sexy. But if it's a corporate "sex sells" kind of thing, or part of the cultural standardization and internalization of female objectification, then she shouldn't have to.

It's a double standard too-- I think there was a Marina and the Diamonds video that featured a bunch of scantily clad backup dudes and the media went apeshit because men still aren't allowed to be objectified in our society.
02:17 PM on 05/01/14
Ryan Dennehy
Man, nothing. Let her decide to be sexy. But if it's a corporate "sex sells" kind of thing, or part of the cultural standardization and internalization of female objectification, then she shouldn't have to.

It's a double standard too-- I think there was a Marina and the Diamonds video that featured a bunch of scantily clad backup dudes and the media went apeshit because men still aren't allowed to be objectified in our society.
of course she shouldn't have to, but i don't think rihanna or beyonce are exactly beholden to what the corporations want at this point...Rihanna's "Pour It Up" video is a brilliant inversion of masculinity into a female lens, idk idk people much smarter than me talk about this a lot.

and yeah, of course, i've seen that video. dont like the song/her but i liked its subversion of tropes
03:18 PM on 05/01/14
abusedcat
Long Gone Before Daylight
User Info.
they suck so much though
Musical choice is entirely subjective. Take your avatar for example - I definitely haven't enjoyed the last 3 records Jimmy Eat World put out, but I would never be like "dude, they suck soooooo much."
Something not being akin to your musical tastes does not logically justify a claim that it is bad music.
04:20 PM on 05/01/14
BrucexLee
User Info.
Haha NZ is basically a copy of American culture but months behind, particularly when it comes to music, film and tv

Maybe her next album will be about sex and materialistic values then.

We'll see but I hope it's not.
04:21 PM on 05/01/14
BrucexLee
User Info.

As long as you don't get an STD or HIV from it!

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos