Username
Password
Drama News - Page 13
Displaying posts 180 - 192 of 192.
10:28 AM on 05/02/14
abusedcat
Long Gone Before Daylight
User Info.
you have every right to say jew sucks if you think so.
it's just an opinion lol.

i think metallica sucks ass
That's not the point, I may not like something but that does not mean it "sucks."
I'm aware it's an opinion, that's why I stated earlier that musical taste is entirely subjective. Realize that not liking something does not necessitate that it is universally bad and claiming that something "sucks ass" (which by the way - how does one exactly "suck" an ass?) simply because you don't like it is entirely juvenile.
10:34 AM on 05/02/14
Jake Jenkins
https://twitter.com/jakej654
User Info.
You are correct that the goal of feminism is to achieve equality for women. This is done in many ways, not the least of which is to attempt to create a world in which women are autonomous, that is, free from the unfair and unwelcome influence of men in their decisions. This influence exists in many forms, some of which are explicit such as a man asserting his "right" as a man to beat his wife or a father forcing his daughter to be a nurse because it is a "woman's job." However, sometimes this influence manifests itself in more subtle ways. Are you familiar with "take back the night" rallies? Women rally in parks in order to end the unfair influence men have on their lives that makes them feel scared to walk through a park in the dark for fear of assault. Men, being physically stronger on average, have this implicit power of women by default.

Now, when a women makes the choice to have sex with a lot of men, she is often called a slut or a whore. This is a manifestation of influence. These words are obviously meant to make the woman feel bad for making the decision to have a lot of sex. That is not autonomy, that is being shamed for deciding what to do with your body.

Men, on the other hand, do not suffer this. When a man has sex with a lot of women, he is often praised, and if not, the worst thing he is called is usually "man-whore." The only bad social consequences a man experiences from having a lot of sex is an insult that derives all of it's power from comparing the man to a women, specifically one who has lots of sex. Why is that a bad thing in the first place? That is not equality.

As for women spreading STDs, I have no idea where you pulled that out of, or why you would think anyone would support it.
UPBOAT
11:12 AM on 05/02/14
Sakarazu
Hello
User Info.
07:15 PM on 05/02/14
noodledancer
i swear i'll never let you go.
User Info.
The person calling people sluts is the bully.
Um, yeah... carry on with your crusade for the dignity of pop stars.
08:42 PM on 05/02/14
Dan CiTi
To Let The World Be
User Info.
Such a horrendous move on their part. While Beyonce's music isn't the greatest (her recent album though is quite good) she is a highly respected figure in the world today and their claims are silly. They completely msised the point of B's artistic statement. Beyonce is taking control of her womanhood and sexuality and empowering others to do the same. She is not dressing "slutty" but dressing how she wants to and is demanding she be respected on her (totally intelligent and reasonable) terms. She isn't showboating her body to attract shallow male attention.

As everyone has their own brand and permutation of feminism, as no one plan can work for all women/people across the world with their varying, complex problems; but Warpaint's claims are silly and pretty misinformed. Them claiming a rigid frame of sexuality is best for a woman is ultimately toxic and just kind of meaningless. A woman does not need to dress a specific way to receive respect(obviously with reason, dressing up as like...a zombified elmo or something silly is totally different from just wearing revealing clothing.) People recieve respect on the merits of their character.
12:01 PM on 05/05/14
jorbjorb
User Info.
That's not the point, I may not like something but that does not mean it "sucks."
I'm aware it's an opinion, that's why I stated earlier that musical taste is entirely subjective. Realize that not liking something does not necessitate that it is universally bad and claiming that something "sucks ass" (which by the way - how does one exactly "suck" an ass?) simply because you don't like it is entirely juvenile.
based on your statement every band in the world doesn't "suck".
I am loling @ you.
12:53 PM on 05/05/14
FTank
Blank
User Info.
I am loling @ you.
you're making no sense
01:00 PM on 05/05/14
Jake Jenkins
https://twitter.com/jakej654
User Info.
I am loling @ you.
What you're trying to say is that there's no true objectivity in music. Which there isn't.
01:04 PM on 05/05/14
abusedcat
User Info.
I am loling @ you.
Essientally yes, no one artist is completely and universally hated and terrible enough to be viewed as unanimously "sucking". I give up though, this is a lost cause and debating this with someone who is insanely close minded and can't seem to properly type is a waste of my time.
01:29 PM on 05/05/14
jorbjorb
User Info.

Well you just suck on the ass cheek. Google it.
12:04 AM on 05/06/14
abusedcat
User Info.
Well you just suck on the ass cheek. Google it.

Have a nice day, man.
04:03 PM on 06/27/14
marktheshark4
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
This is one of the things that bother me about Lorde fans (not necessarily Lorde herself). Everybody I know points to her for things like how she "doesn't need sex to sell records" or "doesn't care about material objects or cars or money" and they may as well be saying "like those black artists do" to end those sentences. I'm not speaking of Lorde's own motives or thoughts, just that it seems like everybody I know who likes her does so because she "says something real" and "points out how all these other artists talk about is money and cars" or whatever. It's annoying.

Edit: I think it goes into what Kianacarly was saying about the need for poc feminism as its own thought because of the way a lot of white females point to their art as an example of it being "wrong" in some way.

Then again I'm a white male, so maybe I'm missing something entirely. Usually why I prefer to keep to myself and read when these things happen. Learn more that way.
Sorry i'm late.
I just wanna clear up i wasn't thinking about race at all, i actually had miley cyrus in mind for the most part, i don't know where that came from.
But i can tell why it's annoying, i guess i just like Lorde's music more than beyonce's music
It's a tough subject though!
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums