AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Amazon News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

Amazon Introduces #amazoncart

Posted by - 11:31 AM on 05/05/14
Amazon has unvelied a new feature for Twitter today called #amazoncart. The idea is that you can add the hashtag to a tweet that contains an Amazon product link and it will then add it to your shopping cart for purchase later. There's a video explaining the whole thing in the replies. I would recommend bands and labels definitely take a look -- this seems like it could be a good way to sell merch and music via Twitter.

Displaying posts 1 - 14 of 14
11:31 AM on 05/05/14
Jason Tate
User Info.
11:40 AM on 05/05/14
Arry
apreeesh
User Info.
So. Rad. Such a good concept
11:44 AM on 05/05/14
Alex DiVincenzo
www.alexislegend.com
User Info.
Smart
11:51 AM on 05/05/14
TheDemosRock
What's a fuckass?
User Info.
This is great from the seller side. Impulse buying should see a significant bump.

From the consumer end though? I've never been the kind of person to get excited about productivity hacks that save you seconds, so for me it's kind of a yawn.
12:14 PM on 05/05/14
Fox83
User Info.
Seems like a great way to lose followers.
12:20 PM on 05/05/14
Jack Appleby
___
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
From a mechanical standpoint, really fucking cool - but I'm not sure people will actually use it.
12:22 PM on 05/05/14
Jason Tate
User Info.
Seems like a great way to lose followers.
How?
12:27 PM on 05/05/14
Anthony Sorendino
Don't you dare ever give up...
User Info.
I like this.
01:47 PM on 05/05/14
Fox83
User Info.
If I were constantly "shopping" on Twitter, I'd lose a lot of my followers, but people follow me for sports stuff. So, I guess that's my fault for pigeonholing myself.
01:49 PM on 05/05/14
Jason Tate
User Info.
If I were constantly "shopping" on Twitter, I'd lose a lot of my followers, but people follow me for sports stuff. So, I guess that's my fault for pigeonholing myself.
If you hit reply to something it shoudn't show up in their stream -- don't think any of your followers would see it?

(Heh, I lose followers if I tweet about sports.)
01:52 PM on 05/05/14
Fox83
User Info.
If you hit reply to something it shoudn't show up in their stream -- don't think any of your followers would see it?

(Heh, I lose followers if I tweet about sports.)
Hmm. Maybe I'll research more to see what you're talking about.

(We should trade spots once in awhile. I lose followers if I talk about music.)
03:38 PM on 05/05/14
Spencer Control
Yeah I still burn from time to time
User Info.
Looks like a smart concept that I'm sure a lot of people will use to the benefit of both themselves and Amazon, but as someone who isn't super active on Twitter or reliant on these sorts of connections, I'll probably never use it. Still, great idea.
09:46 PM on 05/05/14
Delhi
delhimusic.bandcamp.com
User Info.
Great idea for impulse buys, no idea how this will work for bands with limited budget. Is this going to be same idea as facebook advertising? Click farms? etc.etc. Pay a set amount so maybe, POSSIBLY more than 1-2% of your followers can see it? (see article: http://musformation.com/why-you-shou...e-on-facebook/)

Would be sweet to have some sort of twitter app so hashtagging the band name with "freesong" or something beside it would automatically lead to your e-mail address going to the bands database, and you having a free downloadable song when you got home from the show/dance hall/bowling alley....whatever. I wish Bandcamp had the resources that amazon and Itunes do. Fairer pay out to groups, no mega-monopolizing corporate ladder to attempt to climb. Maybe it's not as innocent as I want to believe (no idea really...) but one can dream.

Smart computer people....make this app!! (please...?)

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos