AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Release Date News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

Albums in Stores Today: 5-06-2014

Posted by - 02:00 AM on 05/06/14
Here are the albums that are in stores today. Pick up anything good? What do you recommend for other viewers? If we missed anything, please add it to our calendar. Check out rdio or spotify for album streams of new releases.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 39
02:33 AM on 05/06/14
rushour144
User Info.
The new Being as an Ocean is crazy good!
05:47 AM on 05/06/14
caraballo
Gnarkill
User Info.
The new Being as an Ocean is crazy good!
I really like it too, but I know a lot of people on here aren't too crazy about them.
06:01 AM on 05/06/14
XenoAbe
Cowboy monkey riding border collies
User Info.
Being As An Ocean
People Under the Stairs (best hip-hop album I've heard in a while)
06:02 AM on 05/06/14
One Week Gone
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
One Week Gone's debut album Face Down Generation is out everywhere today!
Feel free to check it out on spotify or on bandcamp: http://open.spotify.com/album/6J1lODmwBOEsDIbprn3ON5
http://oneweekgone.bandcamp.com/

06:24 AM on 05/06/14
Greninja
Makes a Splash!
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
One Week Gone's debut album Face Down Generation is out everywhere today!
Feel free to check it out on spotify or on bandcamp: http://open.spotify.com/album/6J1lODmwBOEsDIbprn3ON5
http://oneweekgone.bandcamp.com/

That album artwork reeks of le wrong generation.
06:42 AM on 05/06/14
bestofmoss
core
User Info.
That album artwork reeks of le wrong generation.
Not really. He isn't saying Zeppelin was the last good band or anything, just that people are always in their phones nowadays. Which is definitely true.
06:52 AM on 05/06/14
Johnny Minardi
User Info.
Not really. He isn't saying Zeppelin was the last good band or anything, just that people are always in their phones nowadays. Which is definitely true.
I believe he's saying the art looks like mid-90s Fat Wreck/Epitaph skate punk stuff. I immediately thought that as well. Listening to the band camp, it fits the vibe.
07:08 AM on 05/06/14
Dirt Wizard
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Andrew Jackson Jihad ftw!!!!
07:08 AM on 05/06/14
One Week Gone
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I believe he's saying the art looks like mid-90s Fat Wreck/Epitaph skate punk stuff. I immediately thought that as well. Listening to the band camp, it fits the vibe.
The artwork is done by Mike Cortada who have worked with bands like New Found Glory, Veara and A Day To Remember to name a few! :)

http://www.mikechardcore.com/
07:22 AM on 05/06/14
Greninja
Makes a Splash!
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I'm not talking about the art style, I'm talking about the concept behind it. People would say things like "If you remember playing outside, you're a 90's kid" or "I wish we could go back to the 50's because I don't like this era where people use advanced technology all the time".
07:43 AM on 05/06/14
bestofmoss
core
User Info.
I'm not talking about the art style, I'm talking about the concept behind it. People would say things like "If you remember playing outside, you're a 90's kid" or "I wish we could go back to the 50's because I don't like this era where people use advanced technology all the time".
I guess I thought the whole 'Le Wrong Generation' thing referred specifically to dad rock and people who think good music ended in 1979.
08:19 AM on 05/06/14
One Week Gone
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
The concept behind it is more about the fact that we live in a generation where we constantly need stimulation from a screen. You see people spend a whole concert tweeting and filming instead of actually enjoying the show or the fact that if your in the subway, 90% of the people are sitting with their heads down their cellphones instead of talking to eachother and it's almost becomes wierd if you don't do the same, if you know what I mean. ^^
08:25 AM on 05/06/14
Anthony Sorendino
You are not your idea.
User Info.
The concept behind it is more about the fact that we live in a generation where we constantly need stimulation from a screen. You see people spend a whole concert tweeting and filming instead of actually enjoying the show or the fact that if your in the subway, 90% of the people are sitting with their heads down their cellphones instead of talking to eachother and it's almost becomes wierd if you don't do the same, if you know what I mean. ^^

You'll love this.

08:56 AM on 05/06/14
One Week Gone
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Wow! thank you, that video was amazing!

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles