AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Canada News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

Canada's Amnesia Rock Fest

Posted by - 11:57 AM on 05/06/14
Amnesia RockFest have released their line-up for this year's festival in Canada. Blink-182, The Gaslight Anthem, Brand New, NOFX, and many more will be playing.

Submitted by SkyGrowsBigger

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 19
11:58 AM on 05/06/14
natepetta
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
This was released well over a month ago :\
12:02 PM on 05/06/14
Jason Tate
User Info.
My carrier pigeons from up north just got here. Sorry.
12:27 PM on 05/06/14
Fil_22
User Info.
Flying from Winnipeg for this. Line up is incredible.
12:35 PM on 05/06/14
prefix-core
Andy Adores Alliteration
User Info.
Strong line-up on this one. Per usual, loads of metal I don't care about but it all balances out with Weezer, Alice in Chains, the Gaslight Anthem, Brand New, Me First & the Gimme Gimmes, Lagwagon, Strung Out, Face to Face, Fishbone, Rev. Horton Heat, Rocket from the Crypt, Streetlight Manifesto, Billy Talent, Primus, Cypress Hill, Alkaline Trio, the Vandals, and so on and so forth.

Strong mix of acts.
12:40 PM on 05/06/14
SkyGrowsBigger
User Info.
Yeah I think it's pretty tough to not call this lineup better than Riot Fest Toronto, depending how geared you are towards the indie rock side of things
01:16 PM on 05/06/14
LakeTahoeSC
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Stay far away from this festival. They have no idea what they are doing organizationally, no idea how to handle the thousands of people and their human waste, and no idea how to handle local bands who they signed up using scummy "pay to play" measures. It's a joke.
01:43 PM on 05/06/14
SkyGrowsBigger
User Info.
Stay far away from this festival. They have no idea what they are doing organizationally, no idea how to handle the thousands of people and their human waste, and no idea how to handle local bands who they signed up using scummy "pay to play" measures. It's a joke.
Tickets are only $100 and based on this lineup, I'll take my chances with some organizational issues
02:27 PM on 05/06/14
LakeTahoeSC
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Tickets are only $100 and based on this lineup, I'll take my chances with some organizational issues
I mean, have you actually ever stood in like 4 inches inches of human shit before? It's not rad. Bravo to them for putting on a festival that can attract these bands, but if you don't know what you're doing, you don't know what you're doing.
02:43 PM on 05/06/14
bakerboy420
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Im sorry, who are you?
03:04 PM on 05/06/14
mbarney82
User Info.
Might drive up from Boston for this.
07:59 PM on 05/06/14
Deborah Remus
Winnipegger
User Info.

That's mostly my fault. But I'm glad some people care, that's definitely more motivation to get off my ass. It's honestly a bummer to post about Canadian stuff and have no one respond. I did make sure the X-Fest and Sonic Boom posts went up the same day and no one responded, haha, just as one example.
06:34 AM on 05/07/14
LakeTahoeSC
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Im sorry, who are you?
A dude from Montreal who has expects a certain level of professionalism when it comes to festivals. These guys have no idea what they are doing. At all. Trust me, I'd love to see these bands, it's just a shame that they opted to tie their names to this clunker of a fest.

Here is a rundown of resources:
Huffington
Exclaim
CBC
07:08 AM on 05/07/14
Uilliam
boom, roasted
User Info.
since this is less than an hour away from my house and the lineup is insane I'll probably go. I do hope it's better organized than last year though.
07:15 AM on 05/07/14
rdkelly
User Info.
A dude from Montreal who has expects a certain level of professionalism when it comes to festivals. These guys have no idea what they are doing. At all. Trust me, I'd love to see these bands, it's just a shame that they opted to tie their names to this clunker of a fest.

Here is a rundown of resources:
Huffington
Exclaim
CBC
They've acknowledge their 2013 disaster and have signed on with Canada's top Festival Organizers.

Source

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version