AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password
The Used News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Used
Inside AP.net

Bert McCraken (The Used) Discusses The Failing...

Posted by: Jason Tate (05/07/14)
Check out an audio interview with Bert McCraken of The Used where he talks about "the failing American system, and anarchy, and anarchism, and Occupy, and what might happen if America continues down its current path."

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 56
12:32 PM on 05/07/14
Chris Collum
User Info.
12:37 PM on 05/07/14
Circa1628
Long suffering Bills fan
User Info.
Is this a new interest of his? I saw them with Taking Back Sunday and he was doing "Power to the people" chants and such.. didn't realize he was passionate about politics, etc.
12:38 PM on 05/07/14
tub and rug
pissed off > pissed on
User Info.
Is this a new interest of his? I saw them with Taking Back Sunday and he was doing "Power to the people" chants and such.. didn't realize he was passionate about politics, etc.
I believe he's been doing op eds with the Huffington Post lately too.

He should just stick to making music.
12:40 PM on 05/07/14
DooDooBird
User Info.
omg. Why would anyone care about what this disgusting greaseball has to say?
12:50 PM on 05/07/14
B.Leibo
User Info.
Reasons I won't see Rise Against in concert... I pay for your music not for you to preach at me. I hate this shit.
12:51 PM on 05/07/14
j4callen
User Info.
I believe he's been doing op eds with the Huffington Post lately too.

He should just stick to making music.
He should really quit both.
12:53 PM on 05/07/14
Tony
Fuckface Extraordinaire
User Info.
12:56 PM on 05/07/14
Jason Tate
User Info.
Reasons I won't see Rise Against in concert... I pay for your music not for you to preach at me. I hate this shit.
Question: Do you just ignore the lyrics when listening to Rise Against then? I mean, it's not like the music and the message is all that divorced in their case.
12:57 PM on 05/07/14
woohoo!
There's so much room for activities
User Info.
I hate when people who have no idea what they are talking about do stuff like this. They claim the majority of people are one sided and ignorant but these people are exactly that. My cousin says stuff like "America is failing because blah blah blah" all the time but when i try to discuss his reasoning it comes down to well i heard Ron Paul (I like some of his ideas) say this or i heard (insert stoner friend) say that. I would love to see Bert discuss this with an Economist or someone else who's living comes from knowing how the economy works and then we'll see what Bert actually knows
01:09 PM on 05/07/14
xtbs7645x
User Info.
Where is Ja!? haha, laugh every time.
01:12 PM on 05/07/14
Youarcade
User Info.
So punk.
01:17 PM on 05/07/14
zacharydudeman
Zach Dresch
User Info.
Because Bert McCracken is first and foremost a politician. I love The Used, but you can just tell they're going down the political route to try and stay relevant. Haven't really listened to the new album. Anyone here like it that have heard it?
01:22 PM on 05/07/14
ned.89
ned89
User Info.
It's cool to have opinions (however uneducated they may sound) but it's annoying that he brings them up constantly. He swung the He did not make it 3 minutes into this interview before he hijacked it. The part where he said that he thinks "only a few artists really understand what art is" made me lol.
01:23 PM on 05/07/14
MelissaMDaniels
in the disenchantment lane
User Info.
Have to disagree with those hating on McCraken for doing this. Using music/a fan base as a means to start political discourse is a time-honored at best, infuriating at worst, social tradition. It's part of the arts, to hold up a mirror to the world and offer criticism.

That being said, I haven't listened to this interview, I enjoy two maybe three Used songs, and I would hope that anyone who chooses to listen/write about these topics when they *know* they have fans who care about what they have to say is at least well-researched, and not simply spouting off. Raising the pitchforks at "the system" is cute for about a second - do you offer solutions? Or encourage participation? Or are you just riling up those who might sense frustration with the status quo in hopes they'll buy your records?
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests