AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Anchor and Braille News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

Anchor and Braille Recording New Album?

Posted by - 12:06 PM on 05/12/14
It looks like Anchor & Braille are starting to record their third album.

Submitted by DandonTRJ

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 20
12:08 PM on 05/12/14
MattRM
She didn't turn out to be that cool
User Info.
Wow, Stephen's not wasting any time. I'm sure I'll love anything that he releases, but man, I'd do just about anything for an album of nothing but Stephen's voice + an acoustic guitar and maybe a piano.
12:08 PM on 05/12/14
NateFoundGlory
Why do you stay till you see blood?
User Info.
Yes please.
12:10 PM on 05/12/14
jordalsh
twitter.com/Jordalsh
User Info.
awesome, the last one was very good
12:11 PM on 05/12/14
irthesteve
All that wander are not lost
User Info.
Very cool, hope Aaron Marsh is still involved
12:20 PM on 05/12/14
MrBenjaminQLee
I am adorable.
User Info.
This is going to be fantastic. Felt was great, but The Quiet Life was perfect. Looks like we'll get Anberlin and Anchor & Braille albums in the same year again, just like 2012.
12:21 PM on 05/12/14
MrBenjaminQLee
I am adorable.
User Info.
Very cool, hope Aaron Marsh is still involved
I'm pretty sure Aaron is no longer involved. He wasn't on any of The Quiet Life if I remember correctly. Stephen does Anchor & Braille with a guy named Micah Tawlks now.
12:28 PM on 05/12/14
irthesteve
All that wander are not lost
User Info.
I'm pretty sure Aaron is no longer involved. He wasn't on any of The Quiet Life if I remember correctly. Stephen does Anchor & Braille with a guy named Micah Tawlks now.
I think you're right about that, but in the AP chat with Aaron I asked if he would work with Stephen again on the project, to which the response was that he would if Stephen reached out to him
12:28 PM on 05/12/14
totallysweet
User Info.
I preferred FELT. Hoping Aaron is back on board.
12:39 PM on 05/12/14
SpyKi
This Charming Man
User Info.
Hoping for at least a song or two as fantastic as Before I Start Dreaming.
12:58 PM on 05/12/14
bobsheiskawy
www.facebook.com/misewell
User Info.
9/10 would.
01:02 PM on 05/12/14
MrBenjaminQLee
I am adorable.
User Info.
I think you're right about that, but in the AP chat with Aaron I asked if he would work with Stephen again on the project, to which the response was that he would if Stephen reached out to him
Oh dang, missed that question. I really hope he does, I think The Quiet Life is significantly better than Felt, but Aaron would make this third album perfect.
01:25 PM on 05/12/14
DandonTRJ
~~~ヾ(^∇^
User Info.
Yeah, Aaron was only involved with Felt. Dave Elkins from Mae was supposed to produce The Quiet Life, but the budget fell through, so Stephen and Micah did it themselves. Looks like Micah also has some co-writes on Lowborn, so I wouldn't be surprised if they collaborated on both Anberlin and A&B simultaneously. (That said, Micah's been Stephen's songwriting partner in A&B since the beginning; they were touring together and playing material from Felt before the album was even released.)
01:30 PM on 05/12/14
MrBenjaminQLee
I am adorable.
User Info.
Yeah, Aaron was only involved with Felt. Dave Elkins from Mae was supposed to produce The Quiet Life, but the budget fell through, so Stephen and Micah did it themselves. Looks like Micah also has some co-writes on Lowborn, so I wouldn't be surprised if they collaborated on both Anberlin and A&B simultaneously. (That said, Micah's been Stephen's songwriting partner in A&B since the beginning; they were touring together and playing material from Felt before the album was even released.)
I didn't know about Dave Elkins. But yeah, I remember seeing Micah in some old tour videos from the Felt days. He's pretty cool. I would kill to see Anchor & Braille play a show sometime.
01:44 PM on 05/12/14
DandonTRJ
~~~ヾ(^∇^
User Info.
I didn't know about Dave Elkins. But yeah, I remember seeing Micah in some old tour videos from the Felt days. He's pretty cool. I would kill to see Anchor & Braille play a show sometime.
I saw them play with Sherwood and Copeland a couple weeks before Felt dropped (great tour, wish Aaron had come out to join them on stage), but they've only done scattered shows since then, and none since 2012. I'd like to see them again and actually know the words to songs, haha.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos