AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

No Sleep Records News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

Rescuer Releases "Canvas"

Posted by - 12:03 PM on 05/13/14
You can stream a new Rescuer song titled "Canvas" at Noisey. It's off the band's killer new LP, Anxiety Answering, which hits stores on June 3rd via No Sleep Records (pre-order now).

Displaying posts 1 - 10 of 10
12:27 PM on 05/13/14
johnnyferris
Inside of your heart always
User Info.
Good.
12:55 PM on 05/13/14
rushour144
User Info.
This band has improved leaps and bounds over their last album (still a great album, the production was too produced for a band like this); this is what I was envisioning with their last effort. Cannot wait to get my preorder in the mail. Although all the songs have been under the 3 minute mark, they are all super satisfying...definitely quality over quantity.
12:57 PM on 05/13/14
circletheworld
Old Fears New Frontiers
User Info.
This band has improved leaps and bounds over their last album (still a great album, the production was too produced for a band like this); this is what I was envisioning with their last effort. Cannot wait to get my preorder in the mail. Although all the songs have been under the 3 minute mark, they are all super satisfying...definitely quality over quantity.
i agree its better than their last album, but it still isn't as good as anything Pianos Become The Teeth has put out.
01:36 PM on 05/13/14
rushour144
User Info.
i agree its better than their last album, but it still isn't as good as anything Pianos Become The Teeth has put out.
No, but why would it be?! They're two different bands haha. Pianos Become the Teeth are moving in ways most post hardcore bands would never even think of. PBTT is far and above 99.9% of the bands in their genre, but I don't think we should base this band's talent on whether or not they're as talented as another band, that stunts our ability to listen to bands for who they are, because we are always trying to compare them to other bands. /endrant
02:02 PM on 05/13/14
circletheworld
Old Fears New Frontiers
User Info.
No, but why would it be?! They're two different bands haha. Pianos Become the Teeth are moving in ways most post hardcore bands would never even think of. PBTT is far and above 99.9% of the bands in their genre, but I don't think we should base this band's talent on whether or not they're as talented as another band, that stunts our ability to listen to bands for who they are, because we are always trying to compare them to other bands. /endrant
It is completely valid to compare 2 bands. Thats how music criticism works (for that matter, any type of criticism in art)

This band is essentially writing the same songs that Pianos already wrote on their first 2 albums. Meaning they are not writing original music. The lack of originality can be used to form the opinion that they are not as talented, therefore not as good.
02:24 PM on 05/13/14
rushour144
User Info.
It is completely valid to compare 2 bands. Thats how music criticism works (for that matter, any type of criticism in art)

This band is essentially writing the same songs that Pianos already wrote on their first 2 albums. Meaning they are not writing original music. The lack of originality can be used to form the opinion that they are not as talented, therefore not as good.

So if you go by that, then Rescuer is a rehash of a band that is a rehash of Touche Amore's older albums, which is a rehash of Converge, etc. etc., I just don't think it's fair to constantly repeat this cycle, because no one is original if you go by your standards. People do some inventive things (PBTT doing this in strides with their new stuff), but at the end of the day, originality is a "myth" that people speak of, but never really existed in the first place.

I should say that PBTT is basically my favorite band right now, I just think judging Rescuer solely on if they're as good as a band that influenced them. I understand critiquing bands with each other, but you're initial argument seemed like you are dismissing this band based off of one comparison, when, at least in my opinion, there is a lot more to judge a band on.

But, to each their own.
04:57 PM on 05/13/14
pepster50
User Info.
i like this
07:45 AM on 05/14/14
signal to noise
User Info.
this is way better than the previous record. they wised up! and if i recall correctly, Jack Shirley produced this. so that helps. Jack Shirley is like the Will Yip of screamo/hardcore music.
08:35 AM on 05/14/14
absintheparty9
Step back. Evaluate. Recognize.
User Info.
Soooo hard to not pre-order. Must...save...moneyyyyyy.
Fuck it.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version