AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Motion City Soundtrack News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

Reminder: Motion City Soundtrack Performing on StageIt

Posted by - 06:57 PM on 05/13/14
Motion City Soundtrack will be playing I Am The Movie from start to finish in an acoustic fashion at McNally Smith in St. Paul, MN tonight at 8PM CST (now). You can stream it for $5 over on StageIt.

Displaying posts 1 - 14 of 14
07:25 PM on 05/13/14
jesster4life911
User Info.
They sound pretty bad. These songs were just not made to be performed acoustically.
07:27 PM on 05/13/14
tyler2tall147
Awesome
User Info.
They sound pretty bad. These songs were just not made to be performed acoustically.
I'm really enjoying it. Hopefully it pops up online later
07:35 PM on 05/13/14
Anthony Sorendino
You are not your idea.
User Info.
I'm hoping they do studio recordings of these. They are fantastic.
07:39 PM on 05/13/14
tyler2tall147
Awesome
User Info.
I'm hoping they do studio recordings of these. They are fantastic.
Same. It seems like a lot of work has gone into these. Boombox sounds so cool. I wish I would have set up audacity to record this.
07:39 PM on 05/13/14
jesster4life911
User Info.

Some of them are getting better. This last one was a little painful though.
08:21 PM on 05/13/14
tyler2tall147
Awesome
User Info.
They just confirmed they recorded audio and video tonight.
08:52 PM on 05/13/14
kidwithhelmet
User Info.
YES
09:18 PM on 05/13/14
Turkeylegz
C'est La Vie
User Info.
This makes me so happy. Easily my favorite band but I wasn't able to watch it tonight.
09:28 PM on 05/13/14
rsk423
User Info.
Anybody get the I Am the Movie "documentary"? So far I'm enjoying it though they don't really go into the here and now aspect as much as the.......then aspect.
08:12 AM on 05/14/14
fsmith84
Lock and load
User Info.
I'm not sure if you're commenting on the live stream or in-house, but I was in the audience. They sounded unreal.

I'm truly sorry if the sound quality was that bad for the stream, unless you're just referring to the re-workings of the songs. Personally, I think the reimagining of a lot of them made for a very enjoyable, unpredictable show. "Indoor Living" is basically baby-making music, and the build at the end of A-OK was titanic.

It was easily one of the most memorable shows I've ever seen. Can't wait to purchase a proper live recording.
10:18 AM on 05/14/14
hoosierbrad
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Anybody get the I Am the Movie "documentary"? So far I'm enjoying it though they don't really go into the here and now aspect as much as the.......then aspect.
I got it, but haven't received the DVD yet. Got an email yesterday (release day) saying it has been delayed two weeks due to manufacturing issues.
02:22 PM on 05/14/14
jesster4life911
User Info.
I'm not sure if you're commenting on the live stream or in-house, but I was in the audience. They sounded unreal.

I'm truly sorry if the sound quality was that bad for the stream, unless you're just referring to the re-workings of the songs. Personally, I think the reimagining of a lot of them made for a very enjoyable, unpredictable show. "Indoor Living" is basically baby-making music, and the build at the end of A-OK was titanic.

It was easily one of the most memorable shows I've ever seen. Can't wait to purchase a proper live recording.
The quality of sound for the live stream was great. The mix was pretty good, but the drummer's mic was too loud and keys were a little quiet. Guitars were tinny, but overall the sound was a lot better than I expected it to be for the stream.

I would say two of the songs sounded GOOD. A few of them were passable, and at least 3 or 4 were just plain BAD. I saw these guys live a few weeks ago and they sounded excellent, but I really feel like they didn't put a lot of effort into making this thing great. They weren't prepared, they messed up a few parts pretty badly, and Justin was very discombobulated. I still think Motion City is a great band, I was just let down by this show.
08:27 AM on 05/15/14
fsmith84
Lock and load
User Info.
The quality of sound for the live stream was great. The mix was pretty good, but the drummer's mic was too loud and keys were a little quiet. Guitars were tinny, but overall the sound was a lot better than I expected it to be for the stream.

I would say two of the songs sounded GOOD. A few of them were passable, and at least 3 or 4 were just plain BAD. I saw these guys live a few weeks ago and they sounded excellent, but I really feel like they didn't put a lot of effort into making this thing great. They weren't prepared, they messed up a few parts pretty badly, and Justin was very discombobulated. I still think Motion City is a great band, I was just let down by this show.
Fair enough, I can't argue those points.

To me, they were doing a ton of things at once - they had no roadies or stage hands giving them instruments or having things in-tune, which contributed a ton to the harried nature of the performance. That was actually very enjoyable to me - these guys were doing it all themselves, and I never sat in the audience thinking "wow, they're really not prepared for this." If anything, I was more impressed with how it all came about.

Most of that was saved by the banter that was happening between the band members about how much of a train wreck it was (which was funny, and may not have translated over the stream), and yes Justin was nervous/flustered, but that's a huge part of all their shows anyway. It's enduring to the crowd. At least they can see he gives a shit.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos