AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Cartel News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

Message From Cartel About "Chroma" Pressing.

Posted by - 11:48 PM on 05/13/14
I've been speaking with Will from Cartel a little bit about the Chroma pressing announced earlier today, and he wanted to make sure to pass on the following message.
Enjoy The Ride Records is well within their rights to release this product. Our intentions on Twitter were to let our fans know that this isn't our release that we have talked about for the last few years and that we did not coordinate any aspect of this particular release. That is NOT to say that ETR put out a bad product. From everything we can ascertain, it appears to be of very high quality and would make a great addition to the Cartel vinyl collection.

ETR did contact us regarding their intentions to put this out well over a year ago at which time we declined because we wanted to do it on our terms and without someone outside of Cartel having a say in the product. After that, there was no communication from us regarding the release. We had no idea it was being announced or released today so it caught us by surprise. There is absolutely nothing wrong with ETR's actions and nothing wrong with what we said regarding the surprise release. There should be no bad blood or sentiments between our fans, ETR, or the band. Unfortunately, Twitter is not the best outlet for explaining ANYTHING and our words were taken to mean something separate from what we intended by a few people. So, to clarify: we had nothing to do with this release but it is not something to avoid purchasing unless you don't want to own two versions of the same record. We support indie labels and want our fans to do the same. Hopefully, this sheds light on our remarks and indemnifies ETR from any wrongdoing in the matter. It was merely our intention to fully inform our fans about what this release is and we hope anyone who purchases the vinyl enjoys it thoroughly. One love. No hate.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 145
12:06 AM on 05/14/14
FiendCameron
Why Didn't You Kill Yourself Today?
User Info.
absolutedrama.net
12:10 AM on 05/14/14
Jason Tate
User Info.
Would buy.
12:13 AM on 05/14/14
krockradio24
User Info.
This statement is also false. ETR was never declined for involvement,nor was told that the band was planning on pressing their own version at any point prior to today. In fact the last contact we had with the band and management, the band was on board and was planning to take an exclusive variant. Once the contract was signed with the label and wheels were in motion, the band then stopped responding to emails. The last email response "Hey Ross, sorry for the delay" hope to get back to you soon" which I then followed up two more times without response. In no way was any other pressing or the band having other wishes ever mentioned to ETR
12:13 AM on 05/14/14
Jason Tate
User Info.
Next year is the 10 year anniversary isn't it? Damn. Still maybe my favorite pop/rock/whatever album of the last 10 years in that case.
12:16 AM on 05/14/14
FiendCameron
Why Didn't You Kill Yourself Today?
User Info.
If it was just Radke news I would visit.
12:18 AM on 05/14/14
tacotruck
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Band tries and take high road label collecting profit off band's work acts like that ^^^^^^ ok fuck that guy
12:34 AM on 05/14/14
lowemae
User Info.
I just hope the Cartel pressing has the original piano version of "save us". car was broken years ago and my chroma cd was stolen. now all you can buy is the cd epic released with the full band version.
12:47 AM on 05/14/14
Kyleisraddd
I win.
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Band tries and take high road label collecting profit off band's work acts like that ^^^^^^ ok fuck that guy
Lol... Not sure how why you're having a problem with what he is saying. He is just noting that the band WAS, in fact, on board, and that he got the rights to the record and then they stopped responding to his emails. If anything, they are at fault here because ETR seems to have given them ample opportunity to be involved in the process and they completely gave ETR the cold shoulder by just not responding to emails in the end. The band can post their side, why can't the label post theirs?
01:43 AM on 05/14/14
heyzombiehitler
has feelings
User Info.
someone get this guy a Dr. Pepper and tell him to shut up.
04:27 AM on 05/14/14
InfiniteArms
Let me be your superhero
User Info.
Next year is the 10 year anniversary isn't it? Damn. Still maybe my favorite pop/rock/whatever album of the last 10 years in that case.
Yep, next year marks the 10 year anniversary. Such a great record.
05:59 AM on 05/14/14
zachff
deadformat.net/tradelist/zachff
User Info.
Music industry, not music charity. Not ideal all around but pretty transparent how something like this can happen to anyone.
06:06 AM on 05/14/14
Vance Mook
Fastest Kid in School
User Info.
"One love." Ugh.
06:16 AM on 05/14/14
Nardes
User Info.
I'm going with Ross on this one. Seems like some Shady stuff went/is going down and unfortunately ETR will probably suffer some for this (I hope not). Always super quality releases... the pressings he did of the Something Corporate records are fantastic. Hopefully this will all be settled... but until then I can't waiting for my copy of Chroma to arrive in the mail!
06:35 AM on 05/14/14
Nobermann
User Info.
I'm sure I'll be a sucker and buy Cartels version as well. No problem with that

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News