Username
Password
Streaming News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Streaming
Inside AP.net

Bob Dylan Posts "Full Moon & Empty Arms"

Posted by: Jason Tate (05/14/14)
Bob Dylan has released a new single, a cover of Frank Sinatra's "Full Moon & Empty Arms." It looks to come from a new album titled Shadows in the Night.

Submitted by himynameisjohn3

Displaying posts 1 - 10 of 10
10:41 AM on 05/14/14
Turkeylegz
C'est La Vie
User Info.
That album art makes it look like one of those rarity type album. If this was recorded recently (past couple years) then he sounds really good. Hope he comes near Cleveland soon. It's been awhile.
10:42 AM on 05/14/14
Joey-Wan Kenobi
fourth and goal
User Info.
As soon as I start enjoying this, I am reminded that Bob has never been a good singer by some off pitchness. Thank god Paul McCartney has stayed strong.
12:05 PM on 05/14/14
superchrist
User Info.
I'm always excited for anything new that Dylan puts out.
01:59 PM on 05/14/14
TomAce
Still Listens To Limbeck
User Info.
As soon as I start enjoying this, I am reminded that Bob has never been a good singer by some off pitchness. Thank god Paul McCartney has stayed strong.
god i hate everything about this comment.

bob dylans never been a good singer???????

paul mccartneys STAYED strong???

yikes dude
03:20 PM on 05/14/14
Joey-Wan Kenobi
fourth and goal
User Info.
god i hate everything about this comment.

bob dylans never been a good singer???????

paul mccartneys STAYED strong???

yikes dude
I've never thought he was a good singer. Great lyricist, yes. As for Paul... yes, his material is still great.
03:42 PM on 05/14/14
TomAce
Still Listens To Limbeck
User Info.
I've never thought he was a good singer. Great lyricist, yes. As for Paul... yes, his material is still great.
i totally respect your right to have an opinion, dont get me wrong, its just mine is the total opposite.

to me, dylans only such a great lyricist because of the conviction in his voice. a lot of people singing his songs sound very silly. and i find most of mccartneys solo stuff pretty corny.
11:02 PM on 05/14/14
twokidtech
title
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
i totally respect your right to have an opinion, dont get me wrong, its just mine is the total opposite.

to me, dylans only such a great lyricist because of the conviction in his voice. a lot of people singing his songs sound very silly. and i find most of mccartneys solo stuff pretty corny.
Well it's true that because of his unique voice he was always able to make any song he wrote his own and no one else's. But to say that he's only a great lyricist because of his voice makes no sense. If you even just read stuff like Gates of Eden or Tombstone Blues on paper they stand up on their own and they're way up there as some of the best songs ever written. He's only really matched by guys like Shane McGowan and Bo Diddley. The words were always more important than the way he sang them
01:57 AM on 05/15/14
TomAce
Still Listens To Limbeck
User Info.
Well it's true that because of his unique voice he was always able to make any song he wrote his own and no one else's. But to say that he's only a great lyricist because of his voice makes no sense. If you even just read stuff like Gates of Eden or Tombstone Blues on paper they stand up on their own and they're way up there as some of the best songs ever written. He's only really matched by guys like Shane McGowan and Bo Diddley. The words were always more important than the way he sang them
don't get me wrong, you're preaching to the choir. im just blown away when someone says he isn't a great singer, because his voice to me makes those lyrics that much more real. case in point, one too many mornings. the way his voice cracks, and sounds beyond exhausted makes the longing of the song so special.
09:03 AM on 05/16/14
SkullsSkulls
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
That album art makes it look like one of those rarity type album. If this was recorded recently (past couple years) then he sounds really good. Hope he comes near Cleveland soon. It's been awhile.

Same here. He always seems to come to Classic Park in Eastlake.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests