AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password
Tour Dates News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Tour Dates
Inside AP.net

Jason Isbell to Reunite with DBT's Hood and Cooley for...

Posted by: Chris Collum (05/14/14)
Patterson Hood and Mike Cooley, frontmen of Drive-By Truckers, will be joined on-stage by ex-Trucker Jason Isbell for a one-time-only concert in Florence, Alabama on June 15. The show will help pay medical expenses for Terry Price, a Muscle Shoals teacher, author and music historian. Isbell left DBT for a successful solo career after playing a crucial role on fan-favorite albums The Dirty South and Decoration Day.

Displaying posts 1 - 9 of 9
03:37 PM on 05/14/14
Fourchordwonder
This whole thing was unstoppable
User Info.
Wow. That would be awesome to see.
04:00 PM on 05/14/14
TheUpside
It All Feels Like an Ending
User Info.
I would give one and a half nuts to see this. I got into DBT right after their last tour with Isbell. His song "Outfit" brought me into the world of DBT and I was crushed when the first thing I heard about them was that he had left. Love all of his and most of their output since though.
04:04 PM on 05/14/14
Chris Collum
User Info.
I would give one and a half nuts to see this. I got into DBT right after their last tour with Isbell. His song "Outfit" brought me into the world of DBT and I was crushed when the first thing I heard about them was that he had left. Love all of his and most of their output since though.
Ditto, saw them on one of the first shows of the Brightness tour after hearing pieces of their stuff for a bit. Massive fan ever since.

Yeah, "Outfit" with these three dudes is gonna be awesome, but I'm just as excited to hear Jason play guitar on the other Dirty South-era DBT stuff--"Where the Devil Don't Stay," "Sink Hole," " lookout Mountain" etc,They gotta tape this and make that part of the benefit too, it's gonna be an awesome show.

I also wonder if they're gonna be with the other DBT guys. Cause it doesn't say Drive-By Truckers anywhere on the flyer.
06:10 PM on 05/14/14
TheUpside
It All Feels Like an Ending
User Info.
Ditto, saw them on one of the first shows of the Brightness tour after hearing pieces of their stuff for a bit. Massive fan ever since.

Yeah, "Outfit" with these three dudes is gonna be awesome, but I'm just as excited to hear Jason play guitar on the other Dirty South-era DBT stuff--"Where the Devil Don't Stay," "Sink Hole," " lookout Mountain" etc,They gotta tape this and make that part of the benefit too, it's gonna be an awesome show.

I also wonder if they're gonna be with the other DBT guys. Cause it doesn't say Drive-By Truckers anywhere on the flyer.
I assumed from the flyer and the nature of some benefit shows that it would be acoustic. Are you going??
07:15 PM on 05/14/14
Lastnightintown
User Info.
This would be awesome - still the ideal truckers lineup. At the same time Jason usually performs a lot of his truckers era songs at his live shows along with his amazing newer material so I wont die missing this since its too far to get too
10:48 PM on 05/14/14
jimmyeatsboys
User Info.
seriously considering flying down from detroit for this...
07:26 AM on 05/15/14
LakeTahoeSC
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I don't know if there is a guitar player I like more than Jason Isbell. That dude is incredible. Also a fantastic songwriter. Southeastern was my record of the year.
07:29 AM on 05/15/14
derekjd
Mr.DRM
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I got into DBT through Isbell. Oh, this would be insane.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests