User Info.
Anthony Sorendino
You are not your idea.
PA
Male - 25 Years Old
Staff Member
AbsolutePlaylist Member Submissions

The Premise

We want your playlists! The best ones will be chosen and posted throughout the second half of 2014. To have the best chance at being chosen, be sure to follow the rules below.

The Rules
  • Keep it under at around an hour, but not longer
  • Post a tracklist, an Rdio link, and a Spotify link. All songs may not be on both.
  • Be sure to give the playlist a title
  • Type up a short blurb explaining why you chose those songs
  • Type up a short blurb introducing yourself. Mention how long you've been with the site, what you like to listen to, etc. Feel free to plug your social media sites. This is great chance to promote yourself!
  • Quality over quantity. You can submit as many playlists as you want, but be reasonable.
  • For every new submission, just make a new post. Don't use the same post.

Helpful Tips
  • Tracks aren't always available on both Rdio and Spotify. It's not very common, but you can either choose another song or just include "Spotify/Rdio only" on the tracklisting.
  • You can import a Spotify playlist into Rdio using re/spin. Check it out here. Just make sure to double check the tracks after the import.

To see AbsolutePlaylists that have been posted in the past, go here: absolutepunk.net/tags/absoluteplaylist/
07:42 AM on 05/17/14 
User Info.
Anthony Sorendino
You are not your idea.
PA
Male - 25 Years Old
Staff Member
Ugh, Rdio aaaand Spotify. Alight alright, when this close?

I won't close it until we get enough submissions. Probably a few weeks or so!
08:40 PM on 05/17/14 
User Info.
Anthony Sorendino
You are not your idea.
PA
Male - 25 Years Old
Staff Member
Might do this just cuz some people know exactly what playlist I'll submit.
Go for it!
10:12 AM on 06/05/14 
User Info.
Anthony Sorendino
You are not your idea.
PA
Male - 25 Years Old
Staff Member
Here are mines:

Spotify:http://open.spotify.com/user/arcarc9...TrLHzGrSPb9QJV

Rdio: http://rd.io/x/Rl4JS_QvwKkL/

Playlist description "Energetic, fun and hip-shaking indie rock with some awesome solos sprinkled throughout this set."

Playlist: 2014 Searing Solos
Megafauna - "Haunted Factory"
Ume - "Embrace"
LAVOLA - "Show Your Face Motherfucker"
Mozes and the Firstborn - "Seasons"
We Are Scientists - "Sprinkles"
Closure in Moscow - "Seed of Gold"
Bad Suns - "Salt"
Bearcubbin' - "Down Buttermilk Road"

Most of these songs were released this year and contain some of my favorite solos so far. I joined this site back in 08'. I tend to check in to throw out some recommendations or read any interesting news threads. I spend way too much time on spotify, soundcloud and tastebuds. Back to the playlist. More than half of these bands attended SXSW this year, which i got to experience for the first time. Last.fm and being connected to twitter made the whole event tolerable.
Great submission! You can add some more tracks, just as long as it's not over an hour.

Also, don't forget to include a quick bio about yourself and your history with the site!
10:14 AM on 06/05/14 
User Info.
Anthony Sorendino
You are not your idea.
PA
Male - 25 Years Old
Staff Member

“Time to Write”

http://rd.io/x/Rl4IwD8vwWA4/
http://open.spotify.com/user/needavaca6431/playlist/58KOJ5VjNXIhzXDA0dBVqL

This is a playlist that I really like to listen to while Iwrite. For me, these songs are motivational without being cliché or insincere. Theplaylist mostly deals with time: either that time is precious, or conversely,that it never too late to get what you want. As someone who has pretty loftygoals, it’s comforting and inspiring to listen to these songs as I’m taking thesteps to achieve them. Some do not obviously keep with the theme, especiallyPort Blue’s “Into the Gymnasium,” which is a short instrumental track that justputs me in a very good mood, and “Wishing Well” by Blink-182, which motivatesme for reasons I cannot really put my finger on. Lastly, since I included a fewpop tracks, I know that this playlist is not Absolutely Punk, but I hopelisteners will give it a chance anyway and think it’s as life-affirming as Ido.

Cartel – “Mosaic”

Paramore –“Looking Up”

Beyoncé – “Schoolin’ Life”

Port Blue – “Into the Gymnasium”

All Time Low –“Let It Roll”

Ciara – “Livin’ It Up”

You, Me, and EveryoneWe Know – “Livin’ Th’ Dream”

Blink-182 – “WishingWell”

Ellie Goulding – “Stay Awake”

The Starting Line – “Given the Chance”

Patrick Stump –“Coast (It’s Gonna Get Better)”

City Lights – “See You At the Top”

The Ready Set – “Higher”

I’m a student named Donny. I’ve been visiting Absolute Punkfor about five years now. I listen to Pop, R&B, Pop Punk, and many differenttypes of instrumental music. @DMH201 (I’m funny sometimes…maybe.)

I think you're the first one to have the correct format, so great work :) If you expand on your bio a bit, and fix the spacing issues in your description, you'll have a better chance.
09:39 AM on 06/09/14 
User Info.
Anthony Sorendino
You are not your idea.
PA
Male - 25 Years Old
Staff Member
Found a really handy tool to import a Spotify playlist into Rdio: http://resp.in/

It worked like a charm, except for one song.
10:52 AM on 08/27/14 
User Info.
Anthony Sorendino
You are not your idea.
PA
Male - 25 Years Old
Staff Member
Great new batch of submissions!
02:42 PM on 10/02/14 
User Info.
Anthony Sorendino
You are not your idea.
PA
Male - 25 Years Old
Staff Member
Stupid question; I'd do this but Rdio has a geographical block on a lot of songs I want to use. Am I able to just post a link to a Spotify playlist?
Make this list in Spotify and I'll make an Rdio copy for you.
06:32 AM on 10/03/14 
User Info.
Anthony Sorendino
You are not your idea.
PA
Male - 25 Years Old
Staff Member
"Girls to the Front"

Spotify: Girls to the Front (AP)
Rdio: http://rd.io/x/Rl4vlVcv8XrR/

Sometimes this scene can feel like a boys-only club, so I wanted to make a playlist to remind myself and other women that there are plenty of great female-fronted bands. There are a bunch of different kinds of bands in this playlist, and believe it or not, not all of the female vocalists sound like Hayley Williams of Paramore. Girls to the front!

1. "Secret Surprise" - Joanna Gruesome
2. "Keep" - Pity Sex
3. "Wifi Beach" - Johnny Foreigner
4. "American Horror" - Speedy Ortiz
5. "I Feel So Sure" - Adventures
6. "Vacation" - Crying
7. "Damaged Goods" - Cerce (Spotify only)
8. "Mistress Appears at Funeral" - Self Defense Family
9. "Asleep" - Makthaverskan
10. "Lindsey" - Little Big League
11. "Standing Alone - Isolation" - Vales
12. "Liars//Trudge" - Code Orange Kids
13. "Trouble Found Me" - Hop Along
14. "Crashing" - Swearin'
15. "Rebel Girl" - Bikini Kill

My name is Hayley, and I joined AP mid-2013. I live in southern Kentucky and graduated from Western Kentucky University in December 2013 with a bachelor's degree in Psychology, with minors in Sociology and Sexuality Studies. I listen to mostly punk and hardcore, but I'm all for some good hip-hop. Some of my favorite artists: Kanye West, Kid Cudi, Touche Amore, Ceremony, Code Orange, Fireworks, and O'Brother. I attend shows in Nashville when I can, I like photography, and I'm always adding to my record collection.
Just posted this one to the front page! Great submission. Feel free to drop your Twitter and I'll include it in the post.
10:31 AM on 11/07/14 
User Info.
Anthony Sorendino
You are not your idea.
PA
Male - 25 Years Old
Staff Member
Autumn: The Year's Last, Loveliest Smile
- William Cullen Bryant
A Fall playlist by codeseven

Thou blossom bright with autumn dew,
And coloured with the heaven's own blue,
That openest when the quiet light
Succeeds the keen and frosty night.

Thou comest not when violets lean
O'er wandering brooks and springs unseen,
Or columbines, in purple dressed,
Nod o'er the ground-bird's hidden nest.

Thou waitest late and com'st alone,
When woods are bare and birds are flown,
And frosts and shortening days portend
The aged year is near his end.

Then doth thy sweet and quiet eye
Look through its fringes to the sky,
Blue—blue—as if that sky let fall
A flower from its cerulean wall.

I would that thus, when I shall see
The hour of death draw near to me,
Hope, blossoming within my heart,
May look to heaven as I depart

"Autumn: The Year's Last, Loveliest Smile" (a title borrowed from poet, William Cullen Bryant), is my attempt at creating an introduction to everyone's favorite upcoming season: Fall. I had been wanting to submit a playlist for a while now, and after listening to the latest AP Podcast, I thought what better theme to focus on than the time of year that is indeed, it's "last, loveliest smile". Fall to me, is amazing because of it's perfect weather, beautiful changing of scenery, our State Fair comes along, and hell even my birthday is coming up in October. And in my state of North Carolina, we experience some of the most beautiful Fall scenery in this country.

With Fall playlists however, comes cliché and expected tracks by bands such as Brand New, Bright Eyes, Death Cab For Cutie, and a whole slew of artists. Am I speaking ill of those musicians? Not at all. But I wanted to strive for a playlist that wasn't as stereotypical as everyone else's. And while I admit I just couldn't turn down some bands that everyone else would already associate with great Fall tracks (e.g. Modest Mouse, The Promise Ring), I still think I did a decent job of putting together a playlist that has at least a couple surprises. And hopefully some tracks that you had heard in the past and forgotten about.

So without further Apu, I present to you my submission:

1. Pedro The Lion - Options
2. Lifestory: Monologue - The Sound That Love Makes
3. Nina Nastasia - Cry, Cry, Baby
4. Birds In Row - Last Last Chance
5. Azure Ray - Sleep
6. Modest Mouse - Sleepwalkin'
7. The Good Life - So Let Go
8. Mazzy Star - Look On Down From The Bridge
9. The Juliana Theory - August In Bethany
10. Pianos Become The Teeth - Young Fire
11. The Promise Ring - All Of My Everythings

Total Time: 49 Minutes

As far as why I picked the songs I did, it's a bit hard to describe. Fall generates a feeling that you can't quite put into words, but you experience it through sight and sound. That's why I chose the songs I did. While I didn't necessarily focus on lyrical content, I went with what gave me that feeling. The songs that I can listen to with my eyes close and can perfectly picture the leaves falling off of the trees, the gray clouds covering the sky, the night air getting cooler on my skin. Fall is all about a feeling, and I'm trying to channel that feeling through the music on this playlist.

I feel a bit silly introducing myself considering how long I've been a member, so I'll make this part short. I'm Daniel, 26 years old, residing in North Carolina. I just bought my first house this year and currently love being a home owner (aside from the cutting grass part which is another great thing with Fall). I work at a web and data hosting company and do everything from installing and racking servers, to troubleshooting various Linux/Unix OSs, and everything in between.

So since we are given an opportunity to plug our stuff, here is just about everything of mine:
- Instagram: Your average Instagram account with pictures of my dog, food, electronics, etc.
- Twitter: I'm not an active Twitter'er, but I only just created it and will try and start using it more.
- Aspen It Is: A personal project of mine where I supply free web hosting for any individual(s) who may need it.
- Bill Paxton Was Right: My technology blog with mainly how-to's in troubleshooting Linux issues.
- Letterboxd: My movie diaries.
- Last.FM: My music diaries.
- Twitch: Where I stream PS4 and PC games.

SPOTIFY
http://open.spotify.com/user/codesev...RLqXasNRTK41MO

RDIO
http://rd.io/x/Rl45NVEv-zhx/

I really hope you enjoy this as much as I enjoyed making it.
Just posted this one!
10:32 AM on 11/07/14 
User Info.
Anthony Sorendino
You are not your idea.
PA
Male - 25 Years Old
Staff Member
"A Night Walk"

This is a playlist of songs I would listen to mostly while walking back to my dorm from my girlfriend's apartment at the University we attend. Maybe we had the best night in the world, or maybe we got into a bad fight, but regardless of the circumstances, these songs were always there to accompany on my walk back (usually in the late night/early morning hours). The collection is mostly comprised of softer indie (or, in some cases, emo) music both old and new, with most instrumentation truly reflecting the "introspective, nighttime" vibe.

http://www.rdio.com/people/AaronMook.../A_Night_Walk/
http://open.spotify.com/user/1247499...WXtXtl2kG9FuTK

1. Bon Iver - "Flume"
2. Alt-J - "Something Good"
3. Death Cab for Cutie - "Sleep Spent"
4. The Cure - "In Your House"
5. Mansions - "Curacao Blue"
6. Ryan Adams - "Come Pick Me Up"
7. Elliott Smith - "Speed Trials"
8. City & Colour - "Hello, I'm in Delaware"
9. Dashboard Confessional - "A Plain Morning"
10. Jimmy Eat World - "Tables for Glasses"
11. Mimicking Birds - "Home and Somewhere Else"
12. The National - "This is the Last Time"
13. Sigur Ros - "Svefn-g-englar"

My name is Aaron Mook. My favorite artists include (but are not limited to) Say Anything, Brand New, Modest Mouse, Manchester Orchestra, Explosions in the Sky, Hum, Title Fight, and the Wonder Years. I've been contributing album reviews for about two years now to websites like Absolutepunk and Funeral Sounds before finally creating my own website, Fastest Kid in School, with AP.net staffer Zac Djamoos. FKIS is now doing better than ever, reaching our highest numbers yet and hiring eleven staff members (including a tech guy!), but it's a constant work in progress. I currently attend Gannon University in Erie, PA for Journalism-Communications and am a DJ on last year's #1 college radio station in the country, 90.5 WERG. I am also head of the Gannon Paranormal Society (come at me bro).

http://fastestkidinschool.com/
http://www.wergfm.com/

EDIT: Love this idea and had a lot of fun throwing this together. Thanks for the consideration, Anthony!
Coming soon :)

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version