AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password
Streaming News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Streaming
Inside AP.net

AM Taxi - "Central Standard Time" [Song...

Posted by: Jason Tate (05/16/14)
AM Taxi's new song "Central Standard Time" can be heard in the replies.

Submitted by jjnunn118

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 18
10:58 AM on 05/16/14
Jason Tate
User Info.
10:59 AM on 05/16/14
Alex DiVincenzo
www.alexislegend.com
User Info.
Song is great. This band should be huge.
11:12 AM on 05/16/14
Slangster
Kill the lights, I've seen too much
User Info.
Awesome.
11:31 AM on 05/16/14
prefix-core
Andy Adores Alliteration
User Info.
Solid track. They aren't the most unique band, but they always manage to write catchy-ass songs.

Anybody else picking up a subtle Rancid vibe about halfway through with the bass breakdown?
11:35 AM on 05/16/14
XenoAbe
Cowboy monkey riding border collies
User Info.
Loved everything I've heard from them.
11:58 AM on 05/16/14
tell that mick
@mickrouse
User Info.
This is great. I remember mentioning this band in a thread on AP.net a while back and got skewered for enjoying their music by a couple members. Still confused by that entire interaction.
12:49 PM on 05/16/14
brentstailing
User Info.
Oh man, love this so hard. I still jam We Don't Stand A Chance all the time. Psyched for the new EP.
12:58 PM on 05/16/14
Gin
What'd those animals say to ya?
User Info.
Give me a new LP and I'll buy it for sure! Such a solid band.
01:05 PM on 05/16/14
botDs-r
www.twitter.com/shawnhyphenray
User Info.
This is great. I remember mentioning this band in a thread on AP.net a while back and got skewered for enjoying their music by a couple members. Still confused by that entire interaction.
users will bash you for liking certain bands until they realize lots of people like them, and then they suddenly change their mind.
01:09 PM on 05/16/14
atlastitsok
User Info.
users will bash you for liking certain bands until they realize lots of people like them, and then they suddenly change their mind.
And then it flips, and a subset will still bash you because too many people like them. its a realworld phenomenon that happens everyday - I call it the dichotomy of the hipster
01:11 PM on 05/16/14
tell that mick
@mickrouse
User Info.
If I'm remembering correctly, it was in a Gaslight Anthem thread. Maybe something where somebody was asking for other bands that could fall into similar listening categories as TGA? I can't remember for sure, but I think it was something along those lines, and I mentioned AM Taxi having that similar vocal quality to some of Fallon's stuff, and you would have thought I killed a puppy, haha.
03:48 PM on 05/16/14
botDs-r
User Info.
If I'm remembering correctly, it was in a Gaslight Anthem thread. Maybe something where somebody was asking for other bands that could fall into similar listening categories as TGA? I can't remember for sure, but I think it was something along those lines, and I mentioned AM Taxi having that similar vocal quality to some of Fallon's stuff, and you would have thought I killed a puppy, haha.
haha yeah, and honestly they do have similar qualities, so I would have been on your side for that argument
03:48 PM on 05/16/14
botDs-r
User Info.
And then it flips, and a subset will still bash you because too many people like them. its a realworld phenomenon that happens everyday - I call it the dichotomy of the hipster
you got that right.
08:57 AM on 05/17/14
AReiss
Coffee & Cigarettes Clothing Co.
User Info.
Still love their full length, this song sounds great, and like many people here, I'm confused how they're not bigger.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests