AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

The Mars Volta News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

The Mars Volta's Cedric Bixler-Zavala Comments on Recent Vinyl...

Posted by - 10:41 PM on 05/16/14
The Mars Volta's Cedric Bixler-Zavala sounds off on recent vinyl reissues for the band -- commenting, "some idiot is pocketing the money" and "there will be a proper reissue of early Volta records [...] when we do release the early volta records they will be far superior in packaging and we will get the money."

Submitted by punchedbyagirl

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 37
10:53 PM on 05/16/14
ratsforcandy
i miss the seasons..
User Info.
Gotta love em
11:26 PM on 05/16/14
thetruthisvile
..but vital to this cause.
User Info.
I feel like this has been an oddly recurring issue lately with bands.
02:38 AM on 05/17/14
Amongster
Take A Deep Breath
User Info.
I feel like this has been an oddly recurring issue lately with bands.
Bootlegging, like De-Loused and Kanye West's Graduation, or also records being legally repressed without the (supposed) knowledge of the artists, like Cartel's Chroma and Straylight Run's self-titled LP?
05:38 AM on 05/17/14
xburningcoffin
User Info.
After looking at this bootleg, I cannot help but think obviously this is fake. Volta would have repressed all the records or said something about this officially if they had their hands in this. I'm extremely disappointed in MOV and Shopradiocast!
06:09 AM on 05/17/14
Chemical Love
-
User Info.
I bought the ShopRadioCast version of De-Loused, now I wish I didn't.
06:18 AM on 05/17/14
mka12992
Is this darkness in you too?
User Info.
MOV is not a bootleg and I can almost guarantee it is of very high quality.
07:31 AM on 05/17/14
brookssurrender
User Info.
It's not that these are bootlegs, I'm sure SRC produced these completely legally, it's just a bummer that they do it without consent or involvement from the bands. All of the re-issue labels are the same - SRC, Hot Topic, ETR, etc. And it's a bummer the market completely supports them. They're just making money off of someone else's product, it's weird.
07:45 AM on 05/17/14
RyanWilliam
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
It's not that these are bootlegs, I'm sure SRC produced these completely legally, it's just a bummer that they do it without consent or involvement from the bands. All of the re-issue labels are the same - SRC, Hot Topic, ETR, etc. And it's a bummer the market completely supports them. They're just making money off of someone else's product, it's weird.
Isn't that what a label does? If you don't wan't people using your music, don't give up the rights. These kids jump into these deals and end up owning nothing. Then 7 years down the line people are licensing their music without the bands consent, but it doesn't matter because it's legally not their music. SRC and MOV are in the business of selling records, not being bros with bands. MOV AND SRC have put out some of my favorite and high quality presses.
07:47 AM on 05/17/14
mka12992
Is this darkness in you too?
User Info.
SRC did not produce these or press them or anything, seems they have an exclusive distribution deal with MOV or something, but as far as I know they do not have anything to do with MOV's pressing of these albums.
07:55 AM on 05/17/14
IWasHerHorse
User Info.
Glad I sat out on the Deloused pre-orders then. I'll wait for a newer repress.
08:00 AM on 05/17/14
neo506
Ten Stories
User Info.
Where's the JTate patrol on this one?

Seriously, everything you need to know is found in the phrase "and we will get the money"
08:37 AM on 05/17/14
thesinkingship
this boat is obviously sinking
User Info.
These "bootlegs" are pretty damn high quality. So I wonder how much Cedric will charge for their pressings.
09:38 AM on 05/17/14
Jason Tate
User Info.
Where's the JTate patrol on this one?

Seriously, everything you need to know is found in the phrase "and we will get the money"
What do I need to patrol? I agree with him. This is an on going issue in music and one of the most respected and savvy men in music agrees with me.

Gonna call Cedric a "whiny bitch" too?
09:38 AM on 05/17/14
Fool
User Info.
I like how open they are about doing things for money now.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos