AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Coldplay News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

Coldplay Perform "Magic" On Ellen; Don't Put New Album on...

Posted by - 10:30 AM on 05/21/14
Coldplay's performance of "Magic" on Ellen can be found in the replies. I still haven't heard the album yet because the band apparently isn't putting it on streaming services. It's weird how much my listening habits have changed completely these days -- I barely keep an iTunes library anymore.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 31
10:31 AM on 05/21/14
Jason Tate
User Info.
10:34 AM on 05/21/14
Timekeeper
Writer
User Info.
The title might be "Magic" but the song is anything but.
10:35 AM on 05/21/14
Anthony Sorendino
Don't you dare ever give up...
User Info.
I haven't heard it either, and have avoided hearing any of the singles so far.

It's genius to avoid the streaming services at first.
10:37 AM on 05/21/14
Gaugzilla
and one head can never die
User Info.
It was up for streaming last week on iTunes. Makes sense for them just to wait, much like the Black Keys.
10:43 AM on 05/21/14
Jason Tate
User Info.
It was up for streaming last week on iTunes. Makes sense for them just to wait, much like the Black Keys.
Don't listen to that album or the new Broken Bells hardly at all (and I like them and would want to listen to them) for the very reason that they're not up.
10:51 AM on 05/21/14
windigo11
User Info.
i used to about only use itunes. then my ipod stopped working and now if i open itunes my whole computer freezes up. kind of disappointing.
10:52 AM on 05/21/14
dejadegaussed
User Info.
Don't listen to that album or the new Broken Bells hardly at all (and I like them and would want to listen to them) for the very reason that they're not up.
Am I missing out on the new Broken Bells? I've heard mixed reviews and again, since it is not stream-able, I haven't heard it. Maybe I'm just cheap (I'm cheap)
10:53 AM on 05/21/14
topher465
every shining time you arrive
User Info.
iTunes til Death
10:54 AM on 05/21/14
Jason Tate
User Info.
Am I missing out on the new Broken Bells? I've heard mixed reviews and again, since it is not stream-able, I haven't heard it. Maybe I'm just cheap (I'm cheap)
I literally have listened to it maybe twice in full. I liked it when I heard it though, but I'm not dropping $ on the iTunes files because I just so barely ever use iTunes it would be a waste of my money.
11:07 AM on 05/21/14
The Old Black
User Info.
No Avatar Selected

Yep, I won't be hearing this until it's on Rdio. They have 34 other "albums" up so im sure it'll get there eventually.
11:19 AM on 05/21/14
Steve_JustAGuy
www.justaguy.us
User Info.
I'm the same way, it's crazy how my listening/buying patterns have changed. I have to wonder if this actually boosts sales or if there are millions of people like me who don't care and will sit it out.
11:33 AM on 05/21/14
ramomcferno
It Only Gets Better
User Info.
I too will just wait it out. I am solely a streaming person now, which is crazy because I have something like 600 CDs all over my room.
11:56 AM on 05/21/14
Vance Mook
Fastest Kid in School
User Info.
I don't think it's a very good move to avoid streaming, mostly because I'm not sure who they think they're pushing albums to anyways. Diehard fans will buy the record regardless and those who have a slight interest (me) will eventually lose it until they stream, rather than feel forced to buy the album on a whim.
11:56 AM on 05/21/14
superchrist
User Info.
I'm surprised by how much I enjoy this album. It's definitely an improvement over Mylo Xyloto.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos