AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Emery News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

BadChristian Music Seeks Bands for Compilation

Posted by - 02:43 PM on 05/22/14
Emery's BadChristian Music is accepting submissions for acts to appear on its upcoming summer compilation album, Good Songs from Bad People.

Displaying posts 1 - 13 of 13
02:59 PM on 05/22/14
njdevils327
You know Craigslist? That's my list
User Info.
Somehow I think the list of submissions will be very small for this compilation...
03:38 PM on 05/22/14
botDs-r
www.twitter.com/shawnhyphenray
User Info.
Somehow I think the list of submissions will be very small for this compilation...
I don't think the submissions will be small, but I think BadChristian are going to be very lyrically biased when choosing the bands
04:47 PM on 05/22/14
combatchuckaa
blammo!
User Info.
lol @ these comments^

Clowns...
04:54 PM on 05/22/14
Alex DiVincenzo
www.alexislegend.com
User Info.
I don't think the submissions will be small, but I think BadChristian are going to be very lyrically biased when choosing the bands
They are accepting bands that are both Christian and not... but they do indeed ask for the lyrics upon submission.
04:59 PM on 05/22/14
njdevils327
You know Craigslist? That's my list
User Info.
That is not what I meant. What i meant is that people aren't going to want their music on a compliation that brands them as "bad people"
05:16 PM on 05/22/14
getupguy222
User Info.
That is not what I meant. What i meant is that people aren't going to want their music on a compliation that brands them as "bad people"
I see what you are saying, but I think people on board with what they are doing, are gonna be completely ok with that label, its kind the heart of what the site/podcast is all about.
08:41 PM on 05/22/14
Fool
User Info.
It'll be interesting to see what comes of this. Could be a good chance for some unsigned artists.
12:07 AM on 05/23/14
saddr weirdr
We're all alone. grab a hold.
User Info.
Lol at their definition of a good song. There is so much more to music than melody + lyrics.
12:31 PM on 05/23/14
Timekeeper
Writer
User Info.
Cringe Fest 2014
11:44 PM on 05/23/14
nfarreller
http://asgideonweeps.bandcamp.co m/
User Info.
Lol at their definition of a good song. There is so much more to music than melody + lyrics.
good songs are good songs even without all embellishments/arrangements/production is what they're trying to show.

Someone said once
"Take out all the production, that's how much song you have"
10:16 AM on 05/24/14
saddr weirdr
We're all alone. grab a hold.
User Info.
good songs are good songs even without all embellishments/arrangements/production is what they're trying to show.

Someone said once
"Take out all the production, that's how much song you have"

Except the "embellishments" and "arrangements" are actually part of the song and not merely additions. A song is not just a chord progression and the vocal melody. Everything that you hear is literally part of the song, ergo claiming that good songs are only good songs when the backdrop is taken away is the equivalent of claiming that good art must still be good art when you recreate the basics of the painting with a pencil and paper. It's narrow minded and ridiculous. Good songs are good songs for a multitude of reasons, which may or may not include an excellent vocal melody/lyrics, although they may contribute to some extent.

Also, by that logic, everything that does not follow a melody-driven pop structure is not a good song. What about hardcore music? Some subgenres of punk? Ambient music without a lot going on vocally? Instrumental music in general? Music with layered instruments where one cannot possibly take on a substantial role in a "stripped down" version? The list is endless. Are these all excluded from the category of "good music" by default?
02:30 PM on 05/24/14
nfarreller
http://asgideonweeps.bandcamp.co m/
User Info.
Too objective to ever argue. But I would hope any musician would be able to preform music by themselves and without the help of others/backing tracks/a million effects. I, and many others, like the purity in that.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos