AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Album Review
Warren Frankling & the Founding Fathers - Now... Album Cover

Warren Frankling & the Founding Fathers - Now...

Reviewed by
Warren Franklin & the Founding Fathers - Now That I’m Here, I Can’t Imagine Being Anywhere Else
Release Date: February 4, 2014
Record Label: Count Your Lucky Stars
This review was written by an AP.net staff member.
While Every Letter & Souvenir, Warren Franklin’s last outing with the Founding Fathers, was a full-band venture, Now That I’m Here is a return to the sparser, more intimate sounds of Franklin’s earlier days. It’s just Franklin’s voice and an acoustic guitar for the nine minutes of the EP, save the quiet electric guitar on “Any Other Night” and “John Hughes Adolescence” and the synth work in the latter.

“Any Other Night” is the EP’s most energetic song, being the fastest, and giving Franklin a few moments to showcase his voice, the most memorable being at the song’s conclusion, which find him yelling about the Thermals before the track cuts and we’re ushered into the synthesized waves of “John Hughes Adolescence.” The synths create a nice ambience, which is promptly broken as Franklin calls out “You muse about your past.”

Throughout the EP’s four tracks, Franklin generally waxes nostalgic, focusing mainly on “my memories of you” and “a history as long as ours.” His lyrics are always honest and personal, recalling “Claire from Washington” and his love for the Thermals, but they’re never too specific that others can’t relate. That’s part of the beauty of Now That I’m Here, I Can’t Imagine Being Anywhere Else, I guess. Combined with his lyrics, Franklin’s “just-a-normal-guy-with-an-acoustic-guitar” vibe makes him appealing to everyone, because he seems like he could be anyone.

7/10

No one has commented on this album review.
You can be the first.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version