AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password
Streaming News
Have a news tip? Submit news.
Streaming

Masked Intruder - "MI" [Album Stream]

Posted by: Jason Tate (05/26/14)
Hit the replies to stream the new Masked Intruder album.

Displaying posts 1 - 10 of 10
11:26 AM on 05/26/14
Jason Tate
User Info.
12:02 PM on 05/26/14
PirateSkater182
I want a new username.
User Info.
It doesn't grab my attention like the self titled does, but I still love it.
12:28 PM on 05/26/14
greenguy1
User Info.
The first song is awesome. Pretty catchy stuff. Very Ramones-ish sounding.
09:08 PM on 05/26/14
imchriswalken
Lesser human by post count
User Info.
It doesn't grab my attention like the self titled does, but I still love it.
That was my initial reaction, that the riffs weren't as interesting and stalker jokes weren't as clever, etc. But after a few listens, the album rules. I've been waiting for social justice warriors to rip on this, especially in light of this week's tragedy, but it hasn't happened yet, so... ?
09:16 PM on 05/26/14
PirateSkater182
I want a new username.
User Info.
That was my initial reaction, that the riffs weren't as interesting and stalker jokes weren't as clever, etc. But after a few listens, the album rules.
I think it's awesome. Just a few more listens and I'm sure I'll love it even more.
12:17 AM on 05/27/14
garytimm
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I really like this. These guys are awesome.
08:13 AM on 05/27/14
The Revisionist
Loves shittyass pop music
User Info.
That was my initial reaction, that the riffs weren't as interesting and stalker jokes weren't as clever, etc. But after a few listens, the album rules. I've been waiting for social justice warriors to rip on this, especially in light of this week's tragedy, but it hasn't happened yet, so... ?
I particularly like that the stalker jokes are turned down, but the general vibe of crime has been turned up a tad. That was something that I was a little bummed about from the transition of the first demos/First Offense to the self-titled. I like the use of the synth on this album. I'm gonna have to give it some more spins.
09:50 AM on 05/27/14
imchriswalken
Lesser human by post count
User Info.
I particularly like that the stalker jokes are turned down, but the general vibe of crime has been turned up a tad. That was something that I was a little bummed about from the transition of the first demos/First Offense to the self-titled. I like the use of the synth on this album. I'm gonna have to give it some more spins.

I think there are maybe fewer stalker jokes, but they are more direct: "you're the one to blame" versus "I get every letter back return to sender," etc. But I'm down either way.

I had a theory that there was one song that got written first as potentially a straightforward song, but then when the crime/stalker vibes were noticed, they decided to make it a theme. It was fun trying to figure out which song had actual meaning beyond the metaphor. But by this album they're obviously sticking close to the theme.
09:35 PM on 05/27/14
CBKRP
Registered Member
User Info.
Missed these guys a couple days ago at Punk Rock Bowling cause I was so hung over,kicking myself a bit now

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos