AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

The Wonder Years News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

Aaron West and the Roaring Twenties - "You Ain't No Saint"...

Posted by - 10:58 AM on 05/27/14
Aaron West and the Roaring Twenties is premiering their first song "You Ain't No Saint" on Fuse. There's also a fantastic interview all about the project that you should read; Thomas Nassiff did a great job and Dan really opened up on what's behind this album. Pre-orders are also now up.
Definitely. The biggest challenge was making sure that I was basing the story around the real emotions of loss and the understanding and journey back from those kids of things; the toll it takes on you when you lose somebody in your life, whether it be from death or them deciding that they don't want to be a part of your life anymore, and you having to fill that hole in your heart. As a whole, it's a record about coping, about putting the pieces back together. That's a real emotion that a lot of people are familiar with. In order to do all that, I really needed to know this character. And actually now, years later, I'm glad I took a lot of creative writing classes in college. They told me if I wanted to write something long-form, I had to understand everything about my characters. I should be able to answer any questions about them immediately.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 89
10:59 AM on 05/27/14
Jason Tate
User Info.
11:02 AM on 05/27/14
Craig Ismaili
@TGSCraig
User Info.
The songwriting isn't that different than The Wonder Years. Sonically, it's obviously very different (love that Saxophone during the chorus). Really enjoy this
11:03 AM on 05/27/14
jordalsh
jordalsh.wordpress.com
User Info.
yay
11:03 AM on 05/27/14
Drew Beringer
Senior Editor - @drewberinger - Locked Groove
User Info.
love it
11:04 AM on 05/27/14
Jaytothesyg
No Closer To Heaven
User Info.
Love this. The horns are awesome
11:04 AM on 05/27/14
Thomas Nassiff
resuscitation of the year
User Info.
The songwriting isn't that different than The Wonder Years. Sonically, it's obviously very different (love that Saxophone during the chorus). Really enjoy this
if you admit that sonically it's different, i mean, the lyrics are WAY different haha. so how is the songwriting not that different?
11:05 AM on 05/27/14
pirateanarchy
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Love the Buffalo Bills love in this song!!
11:05 AM on 05/27/14
gonfreaks
User Info.
I like the song a lot, I can see myself liking this project more than the last TWY record (which was good but didn't stick with me much).
11:08 AM on 05/27/14
Craig Ismaili
@TGSCraig
User Info.
if you admit that sonically it's different, i mean, the lyrics are WAY different haha. so how is the songwriting not that different?
I meant the songwriting as in the lyrics in this particular song. The "bruises I can't place" and the "anchor" bit are both very very similar to his previous work. It's a phenomenal song though.

And as a kid who lost his father, that "if my dad was here" part got to me really really hard.

Looking forward to the album
11:10 AM on 05/27/14
guill89
The Proud, The Loud, The Many
User Info.
Can picture myself listening to this track in my car, windows down, driving home after work. Great track.
11:11 AM on 05/27/14
sammyboy516
User Info.
Really like this. I agree that it sounds like a sort of different but somewhat similar "alternate version" of The Wonder Years, if that makes any sense at all. Looking forward to the album.
11:13 AM on 05/27/14
Jaytothesyg
No Closer To Heaven
User Info.
Oh man if they did a tour with an eight piece, Kennedy, Ace and Dan that would be incredible. I also wish he was playing one of my Warped dates

Every interview with Dan is honestly great he gives so much detail and perspective. I got so excited reading all that stuff
11:13 AM on 05/27/14
mka12992
Cozy Body
User Info.
That was pretty damn good.
11:14 AM on 05/27/14
anbatal
User Info.
Really enjoyed the song. Excited to hear more!

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos