AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Band Break-Up News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

The Bravery Taking a Hiatus

Posted by - 11:13 AM on 05/27/14
The Bravery will not be returning "for the foreseeable future" due to various other projects and passions.
To answer your many queries, the band has not "broken up," nothing so dramatic as that. We just aren't doing anything together and don't have any plans to for the foreseeable future. There's been no "falling out," no bad blood, we all just have different interests now and are involved in our own projects.

Submitted by smowashere

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 21
11:14 AM on 05/27/14
Jason Tate
User Info.
Full MessageDear Friends,
This letter has been a long time coming. Honestly I think I've been putting it off because it's a difficult, bittersweet thing to write but now I find myself in a place where, although it's difficult to discuss the past, I'm excited to discuss the present.
To answer your many queries, the band has not "broken up," nothing so dramatic as that. We just aren't doing anything together and don't have any plans to for the foreseeable future. There's been no "falling out," no bad blood, we all just have different interests now and are involved in our own projects.
The Bravery is a beautiful thing that we are all immensely proud of, but after many years it is just not where our passions lie anymore and continuing simply out of habit or momentum would be unfair to our audience and ourselves. Will we get together again at some point? I don't know the answer to that, it's unclear, but for now we have no plans to.
As for the present , many of you may have seen Anthony playing drums for Morrissey Official on tour, or more recently with Weezer. Anthony is currently finishing an EP for his new band X My Heart and will be touring this summer as the drummer for the band White Sea. Mike has been having success with his label Merrifield Records and is currently directing with his first feature length film. John has been busy at the vineyard crushing grapes and making wine with his business, Deep Sea Wines by Conway Family Wines. Michael is pursuing other creative interests outside of music.
For myself, I am thrilled to say that I have a new band, The Mercy Beat , which I've started with a couple friends of mine in Los Angeles. You can hear a couple of our songs at http://bit.ly/1gXj3kA, and we are playing a free residency at The Echo next month, every Monday night in May.
On behalf of all of us in the Bravery, it's been a magnificent ride and we can not thank you enough for making it possible. We have been given such a gift in the wonderful fans around the world that have supported us over the years, and we are immensely grateful.
With love and thanks,
Sam
11:19 AM on 05/27/14
bradsonemanband
I make music.
User Info.
they were still around? ha i had no idea
11:25 AM on 05/27/14
texan4lif281
User Info.

Me either.
11:28 AM on 05/27/14
Cursethishearse
@bradleyjp
User Info.
Thanks for clearing that up after being inactive for about 5 years now.
11:30 AM on 05/27/14
TheRealJohnOC
@BehindtheCade Seen over 700 bands!
User Info.
I'd be more shocked if they announced a tour instead of this.
11:57 AM on 05/27/14
ImAMetaphor
Not throwing stones at you anymore
User Info.
I thought they were on hiatus...
12:15 PM on 05/27/14
Amongster
Still In Last Place
User Info.
I was wondering what the status of this band was. It's cool they're all pursuing whatever they want now.
12:29 PM on 05/27/14
Phil507
Cynical and sarcastic dick
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Translation: Nobody bought our last album and not a lot of people went to our shows so we're basically hanging it up.
01:06 PM on 05/27/14
NorthstarPark
Jiggin'
User Info.
I just thought about them yesterday ha ha. The first was great, the second one sucked so much ass and the third one had some filler but it was good. I kinda figured this since they've been quiet for a long long time. I have some great memory attached to them so they will be missed.
01:13 PM on 05/27/14
jasmith2706
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
thought they broke up in like 2006 haha
01:37 PM on 05/27/14
Co and Ca
What are you doing here?
User Info.
myspace is sad.
03:07 PM on 05/27/14
heyzombiehitler
has feelings
User Info.
Was just thinking about these guys the other day. But yeah they haven't done shit in half a decade. Kind of obvious. First two albums will always rule.
03:53 PM on 05/27/14
rbf737
User Info.
I just thought about them yesterday ha ha. The first was great, the second one sucked so much ass and the third one had some filler but it was good. I kinda figured this since they've been quiet for a long long time. I have some great memory attached to them so they will be missed.
Couldn't disagree more; The Sun and the Moon is far and away my fave. Aside from the two singles, Bad Sun, Angelina, Split My Wide Open, and The Ocean are all killer. I learned to play bass on No Brakes and that first album has some very catchy stuff, but I loved it when they went more organic and put out what is in my opinion their best stuff.

They were going in a good direction when "Ours" came out and showed a lot of promise, but yeah they've been defunct for a few years now and I bet part of Sam was waiting until he had new music to put out to make a statement haha.

Listening to Sam's new band - that first song is strangely extremely catchy.
03:58 PM on 05/27/14
Feenucks
Majority Bones
User Info.

This.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles