Displaying user's 75 posts
04:00 PM on 05/29/14
Soupy
User Info.
Hey everyone!
04:00 PM on 05/29/14
Soupy
User Info.
I guess I'll ask the one everyone was discussing in the other thread, are you opening for Ace on his acoustic tour?
I wish but I don't have the time. Would have been cool.
04:01 PM on 05/29/14
Soupy
User Info.
Did you do any particular writing exercises to prepare for writing the lyrics? Short stories or anything?
Just free writes.
04:02 PM on 05/29/14
Soupy
User Info.
Hey Soupy! Huge fan. Stoked for the new project, big fan of You Ain't No Saint already. You said in the introduction video that this record is about Aaron West and the worst year of his life. How's that going to translate to the album structure? Is it leaning towards a concept album, or do the songs work as standalone tracks?

So stoked to hear the record! Keep doing what you do <33
It's certainly a concept album but that doesn't mean the songs can't function as songs.
04:03 PM on 05/29/14
Soupy
User Info.
Yo Soupy! Love the project man! Just wondering What were your biggest influences going into this record? and did you call it "Aaron West and The Roaring Twenties" because you wanted it to sound like the 20's? because I definitely hear a lot of big band and jazz inflluence particularly in the horn sections of the record. Kinda reminds me of Duke ellington and Glenn Miller in a way.
Lucero, Bright Eyes, The Mountain Goats, Kevin Devine, The Weakerthans
04:04 PM on 05/29/14
Soupy
User Info.
DAN pleased to see you working with driver friendly! How was it working with them? And what lead to that happening. Tell us all a freaking bout it. Love ya.-Jake
Great guys! They asked me to sing on the song and I was happy to and then the video panned out when they were able to shoot my scene in our dressing room in San Antonio
Soupy
User Info.
Did Allison Weiss do the design work for Aaron West ?
I LOVE the look and feel of it.
Allison did the Layout and Mitch did the photos! Well, I took some of the photos too.
Soupy
User Info.
Is this a concept album with a story structure with a beginning and end or just a collection of songs that are all connected? Thanks.
It's got a story structure for sure.
04:05 PM on 05/29/14
Soupy
User Info.
Hey Dan ! I'm really excited to here the new project (:
& So i was wondering... You said you wanted to push yourself lyrically on this record, so should we expect an entirely different writing style on We Don't Have Each Other than what we normally hear on Wonder Years records?
I mean, it's still me writing but I tried to separate it as best I could to have another person's tone.
04:05 PM on 05/29/14
Soupy
User Info.
Is Aaron West going to be more than one album?
I guess we'll have to see how this one does first!
04:06 PM on 05/29/14
Soupy
User Info.
Hey Soupy, Just wondering if you plan on doing more work with Aaron West after this album and if so, would you continue to work with this character or create a new one? Love the single and can't wait for the album to be released.
I have a couple of really convoluted ideas at the moment but we'll definitely be writing another TWY record before I even think about more AW stuff.
04:07 PM on 05/29/14
Soupy
User Info.
Yo Soup! Big fan.
I was really excited when I heard about this project because I am a huge fan of your poetry and lyrics in TWY. When writing these songs as "Aaron West", was it hard to emotionally connect with all the lyrics you had written, or are all these songs that you think that you can also relate to?
As I discussed in the fuse piece, I think any song routed in real emotion can be connected to despite not experiencing the same events. For instance, I love Casey by Menzingers but I certainly didn't live those events.
04:07 PM on 05/29/14
Soupy
User Info.
Was there any one person in particular that inspired Aaron West? Or people?
A couple of people really pushed me to go for. My girlfriend, Dave Summers and Ace certainly come to mind.
04:08 PM on 05/29/14
Soupy
User Info.
Aside from the East Coast Warped Dates announced, do you have any other tours possibly in the works?
Yep. Working on a few west coast shows.
04:09 PM on 05/29/14
Soupy
User Info.
How is Chip going to replace Jackson and what do you think his plan is with Sproles and Mccoy in the backfield?
I think we see a lot of Sproles in the slot and I think that if you look at their numbers, Maclin's were never far behind Djax. With the addition of the ALL TIME LEADING RECEIVER in the SEC big JMAT and Sproles, we'll keep up with the production. Ertz is gonna have a breakout year too.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos