Username
Password
My Chemical Romance News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
My Chemical Romance
Inside AP.net

Gerard Way to Make Live Solo Debut at Reading and Leeds

Posted by: Jason Tate (05/29/14)
Gerard Way will be making his live solo debut at Reading and Leeds.

Displaying posts 1 - 13 of 13
10:09 AM on 05/29/14
Jay Evan
I've Made A Huge Mistake
User Info.
I didn't even know he was going solo.. Is it the same style music as MCR or in a new direction?
10:09 AM on 05/29/14
Jason Tate
User Info.
I didn't even know he was going solo.. Is it the same style music as MCR or in a new direction?
http://www.absolutepunk.net/showthread.php?t=3698696
10:17 AM on 05/29/14
SpyKi
This Charming Man
User Info.
Omg. Maybe I'll need to finally go to that festival... Fuck.
10:42 AM on 05/29/14
renedex
User Info.
Fuck. This just made me go and look at the whole line up. Blink and Paramore and Vampire Weekend and Jimmy Eat World and The Wonder Years AND Gerard Way? This is definitely amongst the stronger line ups in recent years.

Although I can't imagine that a 12 pm 20 minute slot on the NME stage is gonna be a great atmosphere to experience the debut.

Hopefully this appearance will soon be followed up with some small venue shows in London. MCR were always great about coming here so fingers crossed Gerard will be too.
10:49 AM on 05/29/14
Wayne Warren
One lump or two ?
User Info.
Awesome. I hope it goes down well with all of the " I miss MCR so i'm gonna hound Gerard on Twitter " people and all...

This dude has mad potential, there isn't much he can't do is there ?
11:19 AM on 05/29/14
MJB12
User Info.
Hopefully this means we'll get an official release of new music here soon.
11:27 AM on 05/29/14
Timekeeper
Writer
User Info.
Hopefully we get some new music before hand, yeah.

Otherwise, it's going to be interesting. I doubt he'll want to do any MCR songs but the crowd's not going to know any of his new stuff.

Really looking forward to his debut.
12:07 PM on 05/29/14
SILYW
Canadian Mall Marriage 6000
User Info.
Fuck. This just made me go and look at the whole line up. Blink and Paramore and Vampire Weekend and Jimmy Eat World and The Wonder Years AND Gerard Way? This is definitely amongst the stronger line ups in recent years.

Although I can't imagine that a 12 pm 20 minute slot on the NME stage is gonna be a great atmosphere to experience the debut.

Hopefully this appearance will soon be followed up with some small venue shows in London. MCR were always great about coming here so fingers crossed Gerard will be too.
Jimmy Eat World are playing two sets as well, one on the Main Stage and another headlining the Lock-Up/Rock Stage
08:17 PM on 05/29/14
Micklovin
User Info.
Jimmy Eat World are playing two sets as well, one on the Main Stage and another headlining the Lock-Up/Rock Stage
I really want to know what this is about.
02:04 AM on 05/30/14
renedex
User Info.

Have they said how the Paramore/QOTSA thing is gonna work? Cos on the bill it looks like Paramore are just playing first... I wonder if that would clash with the JEW headline?
07:29 AM on 05/30/14
tomtom94
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Have they said how the Paramore/QOTSA thing is gonna work? Cos on the bill it looks like Paramore are just playing first... I wonder if that would clash with the JEW headline?
Paramore play first at Reading I believe, QOTSA play first at Leeds. Both playing headline sets. Or it could be the other way around. The website will let you know.
01:55 PM on 05/30/14
SILYW
Canadian Mall Marriage 6000
User Info.
I really want to know what this is about.
I assume that it's just for fun and that the Main Stage set will be all the singles and hits and the Lock Up Stage will have some more deeper cuts/hardcore fan favourites. Don't forget Alexisonfire did something similar at R+ L (in '08 I think). My other assumption is that their Lock Up Stage appearance will clash with Paramore/QOTSA so they don't want people moan about choosing either/or.
Options
Related News Stories
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums