1. Condolences by Touché Amoré from the album Parting The Sea Between Brightness and Me
2. No Eyes by Baths from the album Obsidian
3. Ancestors, The Ancients by Chelsea Wolfe from the album Pain is Beauty
4. Cold Heaven by Death of Lovers from the album Buried Under A World Of Roses
5. Heard About You Last Night by Mogwai from the album Rave Tapes
6. A Darker Forest by Thursday from the album No Devolución
7. Eat Him By His Own Light by Jonny Greenwood from the original motion picture soundtrack There Will Be Blood
8. Aletta by Self Defense Family from the album Try Me
9. Guilty of Everything by Nothing from the album Guilty of Everything
10. Hand Covers Bruise by Trent Reznor & Atticus Ross from the original motion picture soundtrack The Social Network
11. Violet by Deafheaven from the album Roads to Judah
Anyone who knows me understands that I'm a vampire, night owl, etc. - basically, I never sleep and my mind races instead. Weird impulses, haunted memories, and just looking into the void go hand-in-hand with these late nights. The playlist above calms me, inspires me, and channels those wandering thoughts into something creative. It features some deep cuts from my favorite artists currently (as well as sprinkling in two of my favorite soundtrack instrumentals) that are equal parts devastating, abrasive, and beautiful - each one yearning for a deeper understand of the world we live in (and it wouldn't be complete with one of the most stirring songs in Deafheaven's discography).
This is not for the faint of heart or the easily distracted, as "night moves" consists of challenging anthems that require your full attention. But I guarantee that some, if not all, of these tracks resonate deeply within you, the quiet-loud-quiet dynamics hitting all the right cylinders. Go ahead, the night awaits.