AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password
My Chemical Romance News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
My Chemical Romance
Inside AP.net

Artist Claims My Chemical Romance Didn't Give Him...

Posted by: Jason Tate (05/30/14)
An artist claims he worked with and for My Chemical Romance in 2009 and has not received credit. Gerard Way has responded on Twitter by reaching out to the artist with, "Vasilis, I have now seen what you wrote. I think this is absolutely not the way this should be handled. Obvious we need to talk."
Time passes with no word of the record/project/anything and in the summer of 2010 I get word from a friend that "my video was out" I was in China at that point, trekking mountains that no whitey has seen before and it took me some time to get around some internet and around that stupid Chinese "no google" wall thing. I saw the video with what it looked like my guns, and my costume designs. I was REALLY happy but kinda bummed that I had to find out that something so awesome that I helped create was out.

Submitted by PerfectChaos337

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 42
11:35 AM on 05/30/14
njdevils327
You know Craigslist? That's my list
User Info.
I mean i have no doubt that some of what he was saying is true, but did he really have to say "trekking mountains that no whitey has seen before"?
11:45 AM on 05/30/14
subplotofcrows
A Small Spark Vs. A Great Forest
User Info.
I mean i have no doubt that some of what he was saying is true, but did he really have to say "trekking mountains that no whitey has seen before"?
I had to reread that line like 5 times to make sure I read that right. Then I tried to imagine if "whitey" was supposed to be another word, either misspelled or autocorrected. I mean, what an awful line to include in your accusatory blog post.

Sucks for this guy, and hope that Gerard clears things up with him with compensation. I think there's more to the story than what is written. Still, this was a pretty bad way of handling the situation and some awful word choices don't help.
11:47 AM on 05/30/14
popdisaster00
Two years is a long time to pretend
User Info.
Did he say whitey
11:47 AM on 05/30/14
golferpunk1
I'm not used to this temptation
User Info.
This seems like a cheap ploy for publicity. The dude was paid for his work and now he goes public like this to cash in again? If he had a problem he should have brought it up immediately or got some kind of contract.
12:07 PM on 05/30/14
brothemighty
Blue moon, where are you today?
User Info.
All you guys are gonna be biased for MCR at first no matter what you do. Keep that in mind as you deliberate.
12:08 PM on 05/30/14
ale5875
traduzionedicanzoni.it
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
It took him 4 years to come up with that sentence.
12:14 PM on 05/30/14
youareallfreaks
thoust dare quoth i?
User Info.
"not the way this should be handled" except for the fact it finally got your attention
12:14 PM on 05/30/14
Yontsey
This Awkward Silence / Dustin
User Info.
I just don't understand why it takes 5 years for this guy to finally say something.

Edit: I'll caveat the comment by being the first to say I don't know the whole story.
12:25 PM on 05/30/14
Wayne Warren
One lump or two ?
User Info.
Trekking mountains that no whitey has seen before should be a song title for Gerard's solo record
12:29 PM on 05/30/14
I am Mick
http://www.worncolors.bandcamp.c om
User Info.
him using "whitey" completely obliterated anything he tried to say afterwards. Good work ya fucking idiot
12:40 PM on 05/30/14
k1guitar
Keep calm and BLEGH!
User Info.
I dug the whitey line. (Kanyeshrug)
12:49 PM on 05/30/14
kianacarly
I'm living it, leaving it to change
User Info.
I love the visuals from that era so much. I hope it all gets resolved!
01:12 PM on 05/30/14
Thomas Nassiff
resuscitation of the year
User Info.
maybe he should have done something about it in like 2010...or 2011....or 2012....or 2013....really, at any point in time, he probably could have contacted someone and been a pain in their ass until he got his credit.
01:27 PM on 05/30/14
dpos
I am the Aleutian allusion illusion
User Info.
maybe he should have done something about it in like 2010...or 2011....or 2012....or 2013....really, at any point in time, he probably could have contacted someone and been a pain in their ass until he got his credit.
Beyond that, it doesn't even seem like it would have taken much work to get attention. I mean, all it took was a blog post and Gerard heard about it within 24 hours. Would that really have been so difficult five years ago, when it would have made sense to bring it up?

Plus Gerard seems like a cool guy. I don't know a ton about him, but he's a fellow artist, and I know art is important to him; it doesn't seem like he wants to rip anybody off. Sucks that the guy hasn't gotten credit for it, but this is a strange way to deal with it.
Options
Related News Stories
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums