AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Recording News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

Pianos Become The Teeth Recording with Will Yip

Posted by - 07:41 PM on 06/02/14
Looks like Pianos Become The Teeth will be recording its next album at Studio 4 with Will Yip.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 58
07:49 PM on 06/02/14
subplotofcrows
A Small Spark Vs. A Great Forest
User Info.
Excited for the new music but I'm not sure how I feel about Yip doing this.
08:05 PM on 06/02/14
Vance Mook
Fastest Kid in School
User Info.
About time
08:06 PM on 06/02/14
aradiantsunrise
i get what i want
User Info.
Yessss
08:06 PM on 06/02/14
rdij14
User Info.
Excited for the new music but I'm not sure how I feel about Yip doing this.
Yup.

I thought this was long done by now. Weird.
08:08 PM on 06/02/14
betweenvega
one two three fo fiffffffffffffffff
User Info.
Ugh Yip always buries the vocals on everything and muddies up guitars
08:12 PM on 06/02/14
Trased152425
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I thought everyone like Yip's production. Guess not.

Edit: Also so excited for this, The Lack Long After is still one of my all-time favorites albeit the hardest to listen to
08:23 PM on 06/02/14
SmileWithASmirk
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Perfect fit for this band.
08:30 PM on 06/02/14
rushour144
User Info.
All other bands just need to give up - this combination is deadly! Cannot wait!
08:37 PM on 06/02/14
augibudogida
daddy is home
User Info.
People Need to work with other people. Yip's production is getting so stale.
08:45 PM on 06/02/14
subplotofcrows
A Small Spark Vs. A Great Forest
User Info.
Yip has been great for a lot of bands, but I feel that this isn't a good fit. He tends to fuzz out the guitars and bury them which I feel won't work with Pianos distortion/post rock combo. I guess we will have to wait and see.
08:47 PM on 06/02/14
rushour144
User Info.
Ugh Yip always buries the vocals on everything and muddies up guitars

I think this is a vast overstatement. Yes, there are some albums where this is true - Title Fight's albums, Citizen's Youth, and PARTS of Balance and Composure's The Things We Think We're Missing - but only because it was because it was the sound the artist's were going for.

Listen, if you have not yet, to Violent Waves by Circa Survive (namely Phantasmagoria), The Upsides by The Wonder Years, Wolverines by I Am the Avalanche...
but the one I would say is a must is Rooms of the House by La Dispute - Will Yip's finest production to date. This is most likely the approach Yip will be taking with PBTT, which I am beyond stoked about. It will sound phenomenal.

But to say that he buries the vocals on everything and muddies up guitars is just not true, not even a valid opinion in my book. Rooms of the House is driven by the guitars and vocals, and is what makes that album regarded by many already as one of the finest albums written in the last few years. I really suggest you go listen to more of Yip's works; here is a list via wikipedia:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Will_Yip
08:48 PM on 06/02/14
rushour144
User Info.
Yip has been great for a lot of bands, but I feel that this isn't a good fit. He tends to fuzz out the guitars and bury them which I feel won't work with Pianos distortion/post rock combo. I guess we will have to wait and see.
See my comment above.
08:55 PM on 06/02/14
SmileWithASmirk
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I think this is a vast overstatement. Yes, there are some albums where this is true - Title Fight's albums, Citizen's Youth, and PARTS of Balance and Composure's The Things We Think We're Missing - but only because it was because it was the sound the artist's were going for.

Listen, if you have not yet, to Violent Waves by Circa Survive (namely Phantasmagoria), The Upsides by The Wonder Years, Wolverines by I Am the Avalanche...
but the one I would say is a must is Rooms of the House by La Dispute - Will Yip's finest production to date. This is most likely the approach Yip will be taking with PBTT, which I am beyond stoked about. It will sound phenomenal.

But to say that he buries the vocals on everything and muddies up guitars is just not true, not even a valid opinion in my book. Rooms of the House is driven by the guitars and vocals, and is what makes that album regarded by many already as one of the finest albums written in the last few years. I really suggest you go listen to more of Yip's works; here is a list via wikipedia:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Will_Yip
this.
09:04 PM on 06/02/14
rushour144
User Info.
I mean, the second I hear Rooms, I immediately thought "man I hope PBTT records with this guy." Everything about Rooms is darn near perfect, so to hear Yip and PBTT finesse the sound that PBTT has been progressing toward since LLA is going to be a force to be reckoned with.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos