AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Signing News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

Mike Gitter Promoted to Senior Director of A&R at Razor and Tie

Posted by - 11:56 AM on 06/04/14
Mike Gitter has been promoted to senior director of A&R at Razor and Tie. Full press release in the replies.
Gitter joined Razor & Tie in 2012 and has signed a variety of acts including rising rock outfit Starset and established legends such as HIM and Finch. He was also instrumental in the signing of Chiodos. Gitter continues his A&R responsibilities that encompass not only identifying talent but all-around aspects of A&R including artist relations and recording.

Displaying posts 1 - 10 of 10
11:56 AM on 06/04/14
Jason Tate
User Info.
Press ReleaseRazor & Tie is pleased to announce the promotion of Mike Gitter to Senior Director A&R. Gitter joined Razor & Tie in 2012 and has signed a variety of acts including rising rock outfit Starset and established legends such as HIM and Finch. He was also instrumental in the signing of Chiodos. Gitter continues his A&R responsibilities that encompass not only identifying talent but all-around aspects of A&R including artist relations and recording.
Razor & Tie co-owners Cliff Chenfeld and Craig Balsam comment, “Mike Gitter has had a significant impact on Razor & Tie's rapid ascension to the top of the rock world. He has great taste, is easy to work with and doesn't get much sleep. We are very glad he's on our team.

”Gitter adds, “Working with Razor & Tie has been one of the most energized and exciting experiences of my career so far. In just a short amount of time, I've seen the label grow from strength to strength: including new levels of sales, success and credibility. I'm excited to be a part of it and in an expanded role. I am looking forward to the label's best days ahead.”

Mike Gitter has a rich history that includes tenures at Roadrunner and Atlantic Records, signing highly successful and cutting edge bands such as Killswitch Engage, Bad Religion, Opeth, Megadeth, and Dragonforce. Mike brings a wealth of knowledge and know-how that will continue expand Razor & Tie’s rock, alternative and metal footprint in the market place.
11:59 AM on 06/04/14
waybackhome
Pentimento / Mike Hansen
User Info.
Glitter.
03:21 PM on 06/04/14
bertbro
User Info.
Hopefully this means no more Kidz Bop!
03:48 PM on 06/04/14
CountMeOut923
Registered Member
User Info.
Wow 2 years in and he's a senior director of a&r? there must not be many people who work there.
04:20 PM on 06/04/14
prettyLUSH16
Soundtrack To A Headrush
User Info.
Razor and Tie have been cleaning house with signings, they're like my new vagrant records.

Damn, I miss the Old Vagrant days...
04:25 PM on 06/04/14
iseejosh
Registered Member
User Info.
Wait, Finch is on Razor and Tie?
05:16 PM on 06/04/14
j4callen
User Info.
Wow 2 years in and he's a senior director of a&r? there must not be many people who work there.
The hardest thing to do is to get into the building. After that you can rise quickly. A friend of mine was promoted from the entry A&R job at WMG to Vice President of Global A&R in his first year. All depends on what kind of songs and talent you bring in.
01:17 AM on 06/05/14
absolutebutthol
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
The hardest thing to do is to get into the building. After that you can rise quickly. A friend of mine was promoted from the entry A&R job at WMG to Vice President of Global A&R in his first year. All depends on what kind of songs and talent you bring in.
My butt stinks.
06:00 PM on 06/05/14
Shoorty0690
User Info.
That may be true, but he also has QUITE an impressive resume.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos