AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

All Posts by User
Displaying user's 1 posts
08:35 AM on 06/05/14
rbf737
User Info.
Ha I never thought of top loading the album as a strategy like that but you're probably right. It'd make more sense to do that today in a digital/streaming world where you're willing to give an album a couple track listen at least and you likely would start at the beginning so you want to hook them right away. Indie Rock n Roll would have made a great single, as well. I know it's a lot bigger in England; they may have released it as one there where it was standard on the album in place of Change Your Mind (our song in that place).

They were the first "new" band I really got into and they were my favorite band for a long while. I hadn't been as excited for another band when they debuted until The 1975 came along.

"Someone will drive her around..." is one of my favorite lines, as well.

I love Sam's Town (probably my favorite overall) and the other albums have their moments, but I'm one of those people who think they were in top form on Hot Fuss but have resigned myself to the fact that they'll never and can never make even a handful of songs like those on Hot Fuss anymore.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos