Username
Password
Recording News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Recording
Inside AP.net

Frank Turner Eyeing February Release Date

Posted by: Jason Tate (06/05/14)
Frank Turner is eyeing a February release date for his next album.
When asked when to expect the next album, Turner replied: “February, I’ll put money on it. There’ll be 18 month world tour starting in January. We’re going to destroy the world in bitesize chunks.”

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 22
04:01 PM on 06/05/14
mbarney82
User Info.
Dude is relentless
04:14 PM on 06/05/14
scott!athedisco
User Info.
I've heard 5 of these total from his new tour. One in particular "Love 40 down," is going to be absolutely killer. He said last night he's had a shit year, but holy god has he turned that into some amazing tunes. Cannot wait.

During last night's encore, he said, "there's been an elephant in the room tonight, having to do with us playing 9:30 club." Then he told a touching story about his friend "Josh" (bouncer at 9:30 club) who unfortunately took his life past November. "I can't think of a better way to honor his memory, that recording this next song I wrote for him, live in 9:30 club." Then a bunch of sound guys rigged up his microphone with recording equipment, and he sang and played absolutely flawless. People around me were crying, and I think Frank might have been too. It was incredible to watch. If that tune makes it on the record, listening to it will always be special to me.
04:32 PM on 06/05/14
Goat01
No Retreat, No Regrets.
User Info.
guy's a writing machine. and easily one of the best performers around.
04:35 PM on 06/05/14
Readyfuels
COYS
User Info.
I've heard 5 of these total from his new tour. One in particular "Love 40 down," is going to be absolutely killer. He said last night he's had a shit year, but holy god has he turned that into some amazing tunes. Cannot wait.

During last night's encore, he said, "there's been an elephant in the room tonight, having to do with us playing 9:30 club." Then he told a touching story about his friend "Josh" (bouncer at 9:30 club) who unfortunately took his life past November. "I can't think of a better way to honor his memory, that recording this next song I wrote for him, live in 9:30 club." Then a bunch of sound guys rigged up his microphone with recording equipment, and he sang and played absolutely flawless. People around me were crying, and I think Frank might have been too. It was incredible to watch. If that tune makes it on the record, listening to it will always be special to me.

Was there. I don't think there was a single person in the room without a lump in their throat. Such a special moment to be a part of.
04:42 PM on 06/05/14
rbf737
User Info.
Was there. I don't think there was a single person in the room without a lump in their throat. Such a special moment to be a part of.
I was there and teared up myself. Frank definitely was getting choked up. I used to see Josh around DC and of course at the maybe hundred shows I've been to at the 930 over the years; it's weird not seeing him around there anymore.

Ha also agreed that Love 40 Down was fantastic. Seems like people have been listening to his request to not film the new songs as I could only find one fragmented live video of it (of COURSE I looked for it).
04:53 PM on 06/05/14
luckisoverrated
So is breakfast food.
User Info.

What a powerful story...can't imagine what that must've been like.

I can't wait for this, and I hope he hits Texas again...saw him last year, and it was one of the best nights of my life. I have to say, though, ever since someone mentioned the idea of Aaron West and the Roaring Twenties, Soupy's new project, touring with Frank Turner (in some interview I read lately) - it is all I can think about. Would be a killer tour.
06:48 PM on 06/05/14
SpyKi
This Charming Man
User Info.
Was hoping this would make it out this year but I'm fine with it kicking off 2015 with a bang instead. Some of the songs I've heard so far are great, especially Mittens and the tribute already mentioned.
06:51 PM on 06/05/14
Craig Manning
Down in Jungleland
User Info.

Pretty sure I heard a live version of that song from last fall/winter. Incredible tune. Sounds like the show was unforgettable.
08:51 PM on 06/05/14
Keele
Registered Member
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Really excited to hear Frank is working with a time frame in mind. Calendar is marked for February. Let's hope for a lot of news songs again.

Also heard a live version of his 9:30 song to his friend Josh. What a beautiful song and a wonderful tribute. Hope he records it for the new album as well. Such a strong message that needs to be shared.
11:08 PM on 06/05/14
Schultzy
User Info.
http://dcist.com/2014/06/watch_frank_turner_records_new_song .php

Awesome article with the video
11:11 PM on 06/05/14
dannylololol
Stay Hungry. Stay Free.
User Info.
18 month tour, damn, dude is a monster. Also, that story posted above is so rad.
01:55 AM on 06/06/14
Eurotrash Drock
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
quality, not quantity
02:28 AM on 06/06/14
Stev0
User Info.
No Avatar Selected

Holy shit that's amazing
04:11 AM on 06/06/14
JimmyIymmiJ
Go on, give up, you'll never win...
User Info.
I'm pretty happy with the quality of pretty much everything he's put out.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests