AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Saosin News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

Saosin Perform "Seven Years" at Chain [Video]

Posted by - 10:42 AM on 06/06/14
Hit the replies to check out a video of Saosin performing "Seven Years" at the Chain Reaction show last night.

Submitted by oxeneers

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 54
10:42 AM on 06/06/14
Jason Tate
User Info.
10:52 AM on 06/06/14
B.Leibo
User Info.
Show must have been a blast to have been at.
10:55 AM on 06/06/14
lotusmilano
just follow your heart
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Atta boy Dylan
10:57 AM on 06/06/14
dandooly
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I've been a long term saosin fan since old arlenes grocery days. I wasnt planning on going to this show last night but saw tickets were still available for the early show so I picked one up for the price of $38 including fees. the venue wasnt very full as tickets were still available during the show.

Unfortunately, I regret it. I love Anthony and everything he does but I think saosin as a backing band is just not strong enough for him. overall sloppy musicianship. they spent most of the time talking. it seems more like a practice than anything.

overall I was very disappointed. great dudes, bad set. i did hear good things about the later show so maybe it was just them getting used to it. the only way this would have been worth the money is if Pat Magrath was playing drums hah.

anyone else at the earlier show or later show? would like to know your thoughts. I somewhat feel like this was a quick cash grab for the guys. Bummer.
10:58 AM on 06/06/14
lightning13
army of one
User Info.
Damn, what camera is he using?
11:15 AM on 06/06/14
Symphonicaxiom
Tell me it's you or nothing at all
User Info.
I've been a long term saosin fan since old arlenes grocery days. I wasnt planning on going to this show last night but saw tickets were still available for the early show so I picked one up for the price of $38 including fees. the venue wasnt very full as tickets were still available during the show.

Unfortunately, I regret it. I love Anthony and everything he does but I think saosin as a backing band is just not strong enough for him. overall sloppy musicianship. they spent most of the time talking. it seems more like a practice than anything.

overall I was very disappointed. great dudes, bad set. i did hear good things about the later show so maybe it was just them getting used to it. the only way this would have been worth the money is if Pat Magrath was playing drums hah.

anyone else at the earlier show or later show? would like to know your thoughts. I somewhat feel like this was a quick cash grab for the guys. Bummer.
To be fair, they're playing songs they wrote when they were shitty musicians. Justin is a fantastic guitarist and Alex absolutely murders pretty much anything he plays.
11:18 AM on 06/06/14
Arry
apreeesh
User Info.
anthony is a born performer.
11:18 AM on 06/06/14
tub and rug
I found a spark in the normal.
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
This song will never get old.
11:20 AM on 06/06/14
canvasofwinter
User Info.
It sounds like they played another new song. Can't wait to see footage!
11:26 AM on 06/06/14
uberlou
User Info.

Here's a really good vid of "Lost Symphonies" from the late set last night.

I also saw a setlist and they played "I've Become What I've Always Hated"!
11:27 AM on 06/06/14
dandooly
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
To be fair, they're playing songs they wrote when they were shitty musicians. Justin is a fantastic guitarist and Alex absolutely murders pretty much anything he plays.
Justin killed it as always.

Alex was very sloppy... stopped one song too early and they all shook their heads at him.
11:30 AM on 06/06/14
SuNDaYSTaR
[Pull The Trigger]
User Info.
Are they still only playing songs written with Anthony?
11:36 AM on 06/06/14
PunkInfluence09
In it for the lulz
User Info.
Are they still only playing songs written with Anthony?
Yes.

Anthony has said he has no interest in playing anything from the Cove era as he has no connection to these songs.
11:47 AM on 06/06/14
formated4tv
tobesplays.com
User Info.
I remember seeing this lineup when I think they only had the EP out and MAYBE a song or two, and the new live videos always make me sad because I remember when they used to go crazy for the breakdown and do the guitar flips/roundhouses kicks.

I know they're all way older now, it's just a funny flashback I have of the past versus now.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos