Username
Password
Road Runner Records News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Road Runner Records
Inside AP.net

AP.net Interview: The Amity Affliction

Posted by: Jake Denning (06/06/14)
You can check out our new interview with Joel Birch of The Amity Affliction here. The band's stellar brand new album, Let The Ocean Take Me, is streaming here.
Yeah, it wasn’t meant to, I was going to be writing other stuff, then Warped Tour happened and I kind of found myself back in pretty much the same place as I was for Youngbloods. I wrote all the new songs in a bit more personal way than they were on Chasing Ghosts.

Displaying posts 1 - 9 of 9
01:03 PM on 06/06/14
SupMikecheck
The Official @SupMikecheck
User Info.
Love this album! Such great dudes as well, had the joy of meeting them last years warped.
03:44 PM on 06/06/14
Ye Olde Gangsta
User Info.
RIYL?
06:46 PM on 06/06/14
Jake Denning
User Info.
Northlane, Confession, etc. Joel/Ahren have a really killer rough/clean vocal combination.
09:31 PM on 06/06/14
rocknroll365
rocknroll365
User Info.
i'd love to enjoy this album but nothing new at all. sounds like all their other albums. i got in to youngbloods bc it was new and felt fresh but everything since then feels like the same but not as good. hate to be that guy bc i hate seeing peoples posts saying their older shit is better but in this case it fits.
12:07 AM on 06/07/14
charliewilliams
clw1993
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Better then Chasing Ghosts but not living for the direction their heading. Severed Ties was unique and raw, this seems to fall into the same sound as a lot of terrible post hardcore/ metalcore sound.
01:45 AM on 06/07/14
Jake Denning
User Info.
Better then Chasing Ghosts but not living for the direction their heading. Severed Ties was unique and raw, this seems to fall into the same sound as a lot of terrible post hardcore/ metalcore sound.

This album is a huge breath of fresh air for me. I would highly encourage you to give it another spin.
04:01 AM on 06/07/14
lovemetal24
User Info.
This album is so damn good
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles