AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Jacks Mannequin News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

Everything In Transit In Entirety

Posted by - 12:43 PM on 06/09/14
Put this squarely in the "Shoulda Been There" folder. Andrew McMahon performed Everything In Transit in its entirety this weekend at a festival in San Francisco. Head to the replies for videos of "Mixed Tape," "Bruised" and "Miss Delaney."

Submitted by tub and rug

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 26
12:45 PM on 06/09/14
Blake Solomon
Leave a one-way note.
User Info.

12:53 PM on 06/09/14
sammyboy516
User Info.
This was probably awesome but he sounds like he's singing super nasally on purpose in parts of those videos and it sounds really unnatural
12:54 PM on 06/09/14
irthesteve
All that wander are not lost
User Info.
I heard that he didn't get to "Into the Airwaves" due to time constraints
12:59 PM on 06/09/14
rbf737
User Info.
I definitely think this is the best JM record and love the CA vibe versus the somewhat blander sound I felt the later ones had. Love me some Miss Delaney.
01:02 PM on 06/09/14
Nardes
User Info.
It makes me wonder what made him do this for this show...

But I will say, this is giving me such hope of the album being toured next summer!
01:07 PM on 06/09/14
billysurvive
aimless arrow.
User Info.
I would kill to see this as a 10-year anniversary tour. For now, I will take Let It Enfold You in September by Senses Fail. Both albums were a huge stepping stone to the music I listen to today.
01:12 PM on 06/09/14
jacoco
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
This was probably awesome but he sounds like he's singing super nasally on purpose in parts of those videos and it sounds really unnatural
his voice changed a lot since this album, when I saw him at the Dear Jack benefit in November his voice sounded incredible with the tracks rearranged into being acoustic. I think his next album will be his best vocally-speaking now that he's adjusted to how his voice has changed....he has to strain himself to hit the higher register stuff EIT had. But his vocals on Synesthesia are fantastic so it's not that he's a bad singer.
01:13 PM on 06/09/14
hoosierbrad
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
All I gotta say is WHAT THE FUCK
01:14 PM on 06/09/14
Jason Tate
User Info.
God what an album.
01:17 PM on 06/09/14
sammyboy516
User Info.
his voice changed a lot since this album, when I saw him at the Dear Jack benefit in November his voice sounded incredible with the tracks rearranged into being acoustic. I think his next album will be his best vocally-speaking now that he's adjusted to how his voice has changed....he has to strain himself to hit the higher register stuff EIT had. But his vocals on Synesthesia are fantastic so it's not that he's a bad singer.
Oh yeah I love his voice. He sounds good on all the albums and I agree that his voice has gotten better as his career's gone on. I just meant that he sounds like he's trying to sound nasally in these videos, specifically in Mixed Tape, probably to try and recreate the way he sang it on the album.
01:17 PM on 06/09/14
Cody Nelson
Your mouth to God's south.
User Info.
Honestly all that needs to be said. Cornerstone of my musical upbringing.
01:23 PM on 06/09/14
jacoco
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Oh yeah I love his voice. He sounds good on all the albums and I agree that his voice has gotten better as his career's gone on. I just meant that he sounds like he's trying to sound nasally in these videos, specifically in Mixed Tape, probably to try and recreate the way he sang it on the album.
I get what you mean, I don't like the whole nasally thing either and he does it on SoCo songs too. I love the dude to death but his live set is going to get exponentially better when he has a new album out and is singing material in his new range
01:37 PM on 06/09/14
duritzfan13
Order inspires disorder
User Info.
Honestly, I think it's the opposite. I don't think he's straining to hit the higher stuff, I think some parts of these songs (Miss Delaney) NEED to be higher to fit his new voice. If anything, his range has expanded throughout the years. His technique now is definitely a lot better. He's actually a bit sharp (rather than flat.. usually if you're having trouble hitting notes you fall flat) on some of the higher notes, and I felt that "Miss Delaney" especially was in an awkward spot in his current range. Like the higher notes in the chorus "what's the matter.." "where's your boyfriend.." his voice is naturally going higher than the note. I think it sounded great however.. he never disappoints.
01:55 PM on 06/09/14
ACA
Next Show: CircaSurvive/TitleFight
User Info.
Saw him do this in NYC with Jack's Mannequin. Fantastic show.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos