AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Saosin News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

Fans Report In: Cove Reber at Saosin Show

Posted by - 01:06 PM on 06/09/14
A fan wrote in to let us know that last night at the Saosin show the band pulled former singer Cove Reber up on stage. He didn't perform, but they all embraced.
Last night House of Blues San Diego Saosin pulled up Cove and they all hugged it out & everyone got pretty emotional the crowed was chanting "voices" but he didn't sing. they stuck with the same set list as Anaheim & Pomona dates.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 28
01:10 PM on 06/09/14
red8ge
@JohnxHill
User Info.
I am a busy guy, thank you.
01:13 PM on 06/09/14
sammyboy516
User Info.
I don't have time for posts like this, I'm a busy guy
01:14 PM on 06/09/14
Mattylikesfilms
If You Dig Up The Dead...
User Info.
I'm in the minority probably but I think the band should make amends with Cove and have him rejoin. The S/T is so flawless and beats anything else they have done in my eyes.
01:15 PM on 06/09/14
irthesteve
All that wander are not lost
User Info.
At the Pomona date Anthony said "right down the street from here is where I played my last show ever with these guys" to which Justin or Beau said "yeah man, way to bail!!" is a very joking way, and they all laughed about it and Anthony basically said sorry, that he sucked, etc etc etc.

Basically it's obvious that everyone involved in Saosin past and present are on good terms and I think all in a better place than before
01:17 PM on 06/09/14
drummer13
verbthenounofficial.bandc amp.com
User Info.
I was there, it was a pretty incredible and emotionally charged moment. Cove was in the crowd the whole time, I even ended up next to him during the second run-through of "Seven Years". He was really nice and took pictures with everyone afterwards and talked. Also, Anthony and Saosin killed it live and were absolutely hilarious in-between songs. Definitely going to log that as one of the best concerts I've ever been to.
01:18 PM on 06/09/14
canvasofwinter
User Info.
Is that it for their tour dates? Anyone wanna speculate on what comes next?
01:23 PM on 06/09/14
TheRealJohnOC
@BehindtheCade Seen over 700 bands!
User Info.
East Coast run and Riot Fest.
01:24 PM on 06/09/14
Penguin
ANTHYDING CAN HADPLEN
User Info.
I'm in the minority probably but I think the band should make amends with Cove and have him rejoin. The S/T is so flawless and beats anything else they have done in my eyes.
I agree with this.
01:38 PM on 06/09/14
5fikev
User Info.
I love the songs on s/t but for me it was almost too flawless. It's hard to suck the life out of such great songs but they almost did on a few of them...I want something in between Translating the Name and S/T. A little refined but no Howard Benson.
01:42 PM on 06/09/14
The Meech
User Info.
thank god someone agrees with me
01:46 PM on 06/09/14
RaginCajun
I didn't know she was your sister
User Info.
i think this was them making amends
01:46 PM on 06/09/14
ThaRealNC
User Info.
thank god someone agrees with me
I agree that the self-titled is the band's best work, but Cove rejoining the band wouldn't solve any of the problems that led to his departure. His live performance stinks, and I'm assuming it hasn't improved in the past few years.

The last time I saw the band was about a month or so before he was kicked out. The band looked defeated and the crowd was dead. Anthony rejoining for this short stint really is the best thing for Saosin, both financially and from a relevancy standpoint.
01:47 PM on 06/09/14
canvasofwinter
User Info.
I really, really like Cove's voice (in-studio at least), and I even preferred him to Anthony for a long time, but the more time passes, the more I've come to appreciate Anthony's superior lyrics and more off-kilter melodies.

Regardless, if they're gonna try to come back in any capacity, it seems like they're committed to doing it with Anthony. I wouldn't be surprised to see them record at least an EP at this point, since they've already played three new songs live and it sounds like they've got a complete album recorded sans vocals. I was hoping they would announce something during this last run of tour dates, but I guess we gotta wait a bit more.
01:48 PM on 06/09/14
drummer13
verbthenounofficial.bandc amp.com
User Info.
Chris (the bassist) mentioned jokingly at the end of the show that they would have a new album coming out in 2020, and then got serious and said they were doing stuff later this year into next year. So it's not quite over yet! I assume they'll be taking a bit of a break again while Anthony focuses on the new Circa album cycle.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos