alexasunshine
Alexa Sunshine
User Info.
Very nice interview
11:38 AM on 06/27/08
slimfenix182
Registered Member
User Info.
Was the "Reactionary" question about Face to face?

yes. I included that in the original question but it got cut off of the end. I was making the comparison between the fan reaction to "ignorance is bliss" and "crimson." (although the reaction was way worse for face to face than it ever was for alkaline trio.)
11:44 AM on 06/27/08
slimfenix182
Registered Member
User Info.
I have to say, despite it being a pretty good read, this one question bothers me.

"With "Crimson," it seemed like a lot of fans didn't care for it at all, the so called "old-schoolers," you know, the people who would prefer you re-write "Goddamnit" six times in a row."

Constructive criticism, but I think one of the dumbest things you can do is insult the fans of the band you're interviewing. It comes off as elitist and unprofessional. There are much better ways to reword that, for example, "With "Crimson," it seemed like a lot of fans didn't care for it as it didn't capture your older sound."

Easy enough and you don't insult anyone. Again, not a bash, but rather a tip.

this was my question.
well, I'm not a professional so that would make me unprofessional.
as for me being an elitist, fuck no. the people I consider elitists are those so-called "old-schoolers" who call these guys sell-outs and question every fucking creative decision they make. I get sick and tired of seeing all the bullshit these guys get. I'm the type of fan that supports a band no matter what. the first four albums are absolute fucking classics (I'm including the self-titled rarities) but I love all their albums. each one has it's own distinct vibe to it, and it's good when you have different albums by the same band that you would listen to based on how your feeling that day.

I realize you weren't bashing me, but I'm just saying this is how I feel. people need to get the fuck off this band's backs. I'll worry about em when they start touring with avril lavigne.
12:14 PM on 06/27/08
Dan1234
User Info.
not in a malicious way, but why is good mourning your favorite? the trio themselves have said they disliked it.

i don't believe they've ever said that. And right after it came out they always played like 8 or 9 songs off that cd and it rocked.

Good Mourning is also my favorite cd by the Trio
01:00 PM on 06/27/08
SuNDaYSTaR
[Pull The Trigger]
User Info.
What's up with The Hills thing? What happened on that show that's Alkaline Trio-related?
01:47 PM on 06/27/08
slimfenix182
Registered Member
User Info.
as far as "good mourning" goes, i believe the band were mostly unhappy with the recording process (matt broke both arms and i believe he was dealing with acid reflux or something)
01:55 PM on 06/27/08
SethGrandpa
Rock The Casbah
User Info.
Yay! My question got asked.
02:19 PM on 06/27/08
Cursethishearse
@bradleyjp
User Info.
as far as "good mourning" goes, i believe the band were mostly unhappy with the recording process (matt broke both arms and i believe he was dealing with acid reflux or something)

Acid reflux and, if I recall, some throat surgery, but not the broken arms. Matt broke both arms when they were recording Crimson.
05:06 PM on 06/27/08
heyzombiehitler
has feelings
User Info.
p.s. Bayside are about to become free agents!?

Yes im interested in this. Great interview.
06:37 PM on 06/27/08
dustyfloors
Baskiceball Champion
User Info.
Nice my "what do you guys do to relieve tension" question got asked!
Can't wait to see these guys July 1st, 3rd and 9th!
07:49 PM on 06/27/08
Gumbyjag
Everything Evil
User Info.
awesome. great interview.
08:09 PM on 06/27/08
slimfenix182
Registered Member
User Info.
Acid reflux and, if I recall, some throat surgery, but not the broken arms. Matt broke both arms when they were recording Crimson.

my bad. cant believe i got that confused. lame on my part.
10:10 PM on 06/27/08
GoWaitInTheCar
The World Won't Listen.
User Info.
I know I'm gonna get shit for saying this, but I have to be honest. I know the questions come from different people, but they were worded in such a kiss ass way. I love Alkaline Trio, as everyone knows, I just don't see why it was written as if we as fans take the low road. I have much respect for these guys but let them answer the questions.
10:14 PM on 06/27/08
GoWaitInTheCar
The World Won't Listen.
User Info.
I have to say, despite it being a pretty good read, this one question bothers me.

"With "Crimson," it seemed like a lot of fans didn't care for it at all, the so called "old-schoolers," you know, the people who would prefer you re-write "Goddamnit" six times in a row."

Constructive criticism, but I think one of the dumbest things you can do is insult the fans of the band you're interviewing. It comes off as elitist and unprofessional. There are much better ways to reword that, for example, "With "Crimson," it seemed like a lot of fans didn't care for it as it didn't capture your older sound."

Easy enough and you don't insult anyone. Again, not a bash, but rather a tip.

Yeah, this is what I was trying to say. I didn't like Crimson because I thought it had no rock power to it. Instead of trying to sound cool in saying "people who like the first record are dumb", let's be real.
12:11 AM on 06/28/08
Skate punker
User Info.
listening to the new album now. Sounds sweet. I really thought id lost interest in Alk 3 forever, but this album may just bring all my interest back
Options
More From This Author
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests